Coolio dead at age 59

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per TMZ:

Coolio died Wednesday in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

The rapper who achieved enormous success in the 90s was visiting a friend late Wednesday afternoon when he passed away.

Coolio's longtime manager, Jarez, says Coolio went to the bathroom at his friend's house, but when he didn't come after a while ... the friend kept calling for him, and eventually went in and found Coolio laying on the floor.

We're told the friend called EMTs, who arrived and pronounced Coolio dead on the scene -- and Jarez tells us the paramedics suspect he suffered cardiac arrest. An official cause of death has not been determined.

Coolio, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., came up on the L.A. rap scene in the late 80s, but blew up nationally in 1995 when he recorded "Gangsta's Paradise" for the soundtrack of the Michelle Pfeiffer film, "Dangerous Minds."

Legendary intro and one of the most underrated rap songs of that era -

Last edited:

I was at the Grammys when he performed this. Thought it was pretty amazing. I was in the first row of the balcony, so at the end he was right at eye level.

RIP

I was at the Grammys when he performed this. Thought it was pretty amazing. I was in the first row of the balcony, so at the end he was right at eye level.

RIP

That's amazing you were there, how cool(io)! is that!

Go Gophers!!

If you remember, Coolio initially was pissed at Weird Al for the Amish Paradise remake. I didn't realize it but I guess Coolio admitted he was wrong for his reaction.

That's amazing you were there, how cool(io)! is that!

Go Gophers!!
It was quite Cool(io). Super fun night. Even though I would not call myself fanatical about any of the performers it was amazing. Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men opener was just phenomenal. Whitney Houston also did a gospel song that lifted the roof. Other standouts:

Seal
Annie Lennox
Alanis Morissette
Hootie & the Blowfish
Shania Twain

TLC sort of performed. They were the only lip syncers. I could see them yelling at each other or whomever just before and after they were onstage. Awkward.

Top Bottom