Cool Video of the Marching Band

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
This guy timed his ride on the gondola perfectly. Follows the marching band all the way down the street from above the MN State Fair. I have no idea who shot the video, just came across it on the 'net. Any GHer want to take credit? You can spot the Nokomis family watching the parade around the 4:40 mark.

Wow. Best State Fair gondola ride ever.

Something I just learned....

After the Rouser has played and 'Minnesota' spelled out, the percussion says Minnesota! (SKI-U-MAH) Minnesota! (SKI-U-MAH) YEAAAAAAAH GOPHERS!

Has the band always yelled SKI-U-MAH in between Minnesota at the end? It's around 2:20 if I don't explain that well enough...

Something I just learned....

After the Rouser has played and 'Minnesota' spelled out, the percussion says Minnesota! (SKI-U-MAH) Minnesota! (SKI-U-MAH) YEAAAAAAAH GOPHERS!

Has the band always yelled SKI-U-MAH in between Minnesota at the end? It's around 2:20 if I don't explain that well enough...

Just the percussion as far as I'm aware. They kinda did they're own thing for a lot of chants/songs but most sections I know only did the spell out. I was a trombone.

what gets ya more pumped up than a marching band? nothing! this is awesome! fired up for tomorrow!!!!

Generally, just the drumline.

Ski-U-Mah is the name of the cadence that typically follows the Rouser during parade marching.

Top Bottom