Conor Rhoda is returning for his fifth year with Gophers!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully we can find a better one. Nothing against Conor, it's just that we need a more dynamic player in that position. One that can run and pass.

Great move by Fleck to get Rhoda to stay. Claeys didn't do enough to encourage competition for positions.

I like this. Welcome back, Conor!

Don't tell dpodoll68. He is busy blasting the media

I guess I can buy my tickets to Pasadena now! ;)

Ball control with our two backs and smart QB play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wins the job, people will have to temper the expectations for year 1

If he wins the job, people will have to temper the expectations for year 1

This is where I agree with you. I like that he is coming back, but I hope someone else will start.

We're not going to be a big read option team. Ride the RB's and play action. Options are limited with Green and Williams involved in EOAA suspensions.

I wonder why though. Is there something we don't know?

Connor is more of a drop back passer (he isn't a perfect fit for Johnson's scheme) and now he has a real, legit chance to play a lot (Green and Williams suspension).

I'm not too surprised. I've been wondering about Rhoda since before we hired PJ. There's a lot less depth at QB now than there was when Rhoda decided to transfer. That simple, imho.

Kaler and Coyle need a spy on the inside. [emoji41]

Hopefully we can find a better one. Nothing against Conor, it's just that we need a more dynamic player in that position. One that can run and pass.

I don't think so. Zach Terrell wasn't much of a runner. I don't think Conor is a good enough passer as we will need down the road, but I think we can win a lot of games with a competent passing qb that doesn't turn the ball over.

Glad PJF is bringing him back. I don't expect to see him actually play tho.

Let's face it, we need some QB bodies on this roster. With Mark Williams and Seth Green likely suspended, that would have left Demry Croft and JUCO transfer Neil McLaurin. That lack of depth scared me.

In 24 hrs, Fleck has convinced Conor Rhoda to stay and flipped Tanner Morgan, doubling the amount of QBs to be able to compete in the Spring. It's not a silver bullet by any means, but definitely better depth.

Great move by Fleck to get Rhoda to stay. Claeys didn't do enough to encourage competition for positions.

How in heavens name can you say something that? Players constantly were moving in and out of the lineup resultant from competition or results.

Let's face it, we need some QB bodies on this roster. With Mark Williams and Seth Green likely suspended, that would have left Demry Croft and JUCO transfer Neil McLaurin. That lack of depth scared me.

In 24 hrs, Fleck has convinced Conor Rhoda to stay and flipped Tanner Morgan, doubling the amount of QBs to be able to compete in the Spring. It's not a silver bullet by any means, but definitely better depth.

Especially if they decide it is best to red shirt Morgan.

Hopefully Croft will have a break out year. Let's face it other teams (I realize a few) have had some success with red shirt freshmans.

I think this guy (Fleck) could sell ice to eskimos. against a bunch of 18, 19 & 20 year-old kids, it's no match.

I admit I have not watched WMU play enough to have a sense of Fleck's offensive philosophy - and that assumes he brings his coordinator with him. If it turns out to be a new O-coordinator, it's really hard to say what type of offense they plan to run - and what set of QB skills will best fit that offense.

As of right now, all you can do is take the guy at his word. If he says Rhoda will have a fair chance to compete for the job, then that is what should happen. If it doesn't happen, then you've got problems.

Hopefully Croft will have a break out year. Let's face it other teams (I realize a few) have had some success with red shirt freshmans.

It amazes me how people have given up on Croft because of the NW game where Kill threw him to the Wolves. Everyone was so high on him until then. It seems like there is always interest in that guy with a highlight tape who has yet to throw an incompletion.

Croft and Rhoda both are better passers than most realize. Rhoda didn't run as well as staff wanted, but he's not immobile, and the previous staff, rightly so, was committed to saving Croft's redshirt and fixing Kill's mistake.

Rhoda should be in a good position to win the starting job. He is the oldest, most experienced QB on the roster and already has 1 B1G start (a win) on his resume. That fact alone would make him the most likely starter on the roster if you view it from a Moneyball perspective.

The "hope crowd" wants to believe MN will have some young unknown quantity QB with tremendous raw skill. I hope we do too. But even if that's the case, it may not be enough to surpass the advantage of experience in 2017.

One Juco QB, one RS Soph, and a bunch of Freshmen (with two suspended, and maybe transferring) would make for lousy competition for a B1G starting QB role. Rhoda adds a much needed dimension to the QB depth chart. Unless Malik Zaire or someone like that is planning to transfer here.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" data-tweet-id="817758358253998080" title="Twitter Tweet" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 203.171875px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If this is true that Rhoda is competing for the starting QB spot, we are screwed<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Top Bottom