Congratulations Gophers!

Mr.Cat95

Reaction score
Your team is really tough, disciplined and just impressive all around.

I came away very impressed with your defense. They're very physical, sound and they really get to the football and make plays that change games. They really make an offense earn every yard. On offense, Cobb is the most physical B1G running back I can recall. He squeezes at least an extra yard or two out of every single run. Your team's special teams are just remarkable and generally allow your guys to play on a shorter field than your opponents. Credit to your coaches and kids.

If your passing game keeps making the kind of progress it did the past couple of weeks, you guys may become unstoppable and Indy bound. If you can keep hurting teams down the field like you did us (against our excellent secondary), teams will have to change how they defend your offense and Cobb and Leidner will explode in the running game.

I cannot remember an opponent giving us so few opportunities to win a game. I think Northwestern played its most complete game of the season so far offensively and defensively, which is unusual to think after a defeat.

In any regards, good luck the rest of the way!

I came away very impressed with your defense. They're very physical, sound and they really get to the football and make plays that change games. They really make an offense earn every yard. On offense, Cobb is the most physical B1G running back I can recall. He squeezes at least an extra yard or two out of every single run. Your team's special teams are just remarkable and generally allow your guys to play on a shorter field than your opponents. Credit to your coaches and kids.

If your passing game keeps making the kind of progress it did the past couple of weeks, you guys may become unstoppable and Indy bound. If you can keep hurting teams down the field like you did us (against our excellent secondary), teams will have to change how they defend your offense and Cobb and Leidner will explode in the running game.

I cannot remember an opponent giving us so few opportunities to win a game. I think Northwestern played its most complete game of the season so far offensively and defensively, which is unusual to think after a defeat.

What Iceland said - thanks! Appreciate your post, very classy. That's why the only thing I could say to NU fans after the game was...I wasn't smart enough to get into your school, lol. No trash to really talk :).

Very classy from you. FYI, it's been stated in another thread, we're damn happy not to play you again. Tough and well coached team. Good luck the rest of the year--NU has had more tough losses than any other team last couple seasons.

A classic Big 10 football game. J Jackson is special and young! Good luck to you too and thank you.

Very classy from you. FYI, it's been stated in another thread, we're damn happy not to play you again. Tough and well coached team. Good luck the rest of the year--NU has had more tough losses than any other team last couple seasons.

We walked out of TCF Stadium saying that this Northwestern was a really really good and impressive team...with saying that...we must be good too!!! Hope that the Wildcats win the remainder of their games.

Thanks I'm very cognizant that over NU was due to 2 explosive plays for us and 0 for you. I think that the long pass play to set up our second touchdown, gets overlooked because of Myrick's return, but at the time it was critical to keep momentum from shifting to NU.

Thank you as well. It takes a set of outside eyes to see the defense objectively. We were in position, challenged or made throws difficult, and the Northwestern QB made the throws. Even after the Myrick return, there were opportunities for Northwestern and they played to the end. Even when that last heave was made, my first thought was NOOOOO. Then bat it down, and finally nice pick. Only then was the victory ours.

Very impressed with your QB. His footwork is phenomenal. He had tremendous pocket-presence Saturday. I am very much OK with him being a senior.

Yes, what an excellent game by both teams! The NU Oline played great and Jackson is a really good back. Fantastic play by the senior QB as well.

The game could've gone either way.

One play decided it. But any other big play could've decided it too. Had we jumped on that fumble, had we dropped just one big pass, etc.

Extremely classy post. NW struggled out of the gate.....but your team has figured it out in the recent games.

When the score was tied up at 17......I figured that the NW defense would shut us down and kick a FG to win the game. We got lucky with that kickoff return.

I very much appreciate your post. I thought NU played very well, and I was very concerned when you tied the game. The very best of luck for the remainder of the season.

Sincere thanks. It was a very even game until the kickoff return. Good luck the rest of the way.

Top Bottom