Congrats Gophers!

BDLHUSKER

Reaction score
Congrats on the win today. As you can tell by my name I am a husker fan and what a game we had today now I wish it wouldn't have turned out the way it did but great game nevertheless. I was very impressed with your team and honestly im excited that Minnesota is on the way up, anything to add more fun and challenges in the conference is great. Next time the Huskers play up at TCF Bank Stadium I'll be sure to go since it seems everyone that went that i know had a great time. Once again congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the year. Now lets see how Ponder can do tomorrow :p

Go Huskers and Go Vikings

Congrats on the win today. As you can tell by my name I am a husker fan and what a game we had today now I wish it wouldn't have turned out the way it did but great game nevertheless. I was very impressed with your team and honestly im excited that Minnesota is on the way up, anything to add more fun and challenges in the conference is great. Next time the Huskers play up at TCF Bank Stadium I'll be sure to go since it seems everyone that went that i know had a great time. Once again congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the year. Now lets see how Ponder can do tomorrow :p

Thanks for the classy post from a BIG rival. We don't get that enough, especially from the guys from the east and the south, if you know what I mean. I wish I could share your optimism about the Vikes but I don't see the same heart in that team like I see in this year's Gophers. Best of luck to Big Red the rest of the way.

It would be great to rekindle this old rivalry. In order for it to be a rivalry we need to win like we did yesterday. It would be nice to have a rival that I respect and could root for when they don't play us. I already have two rivals (WI & IA) that I can't stand and always root against.

Why are Husker fans so nice?

Because in the grand scheme of things they know: " it is just a game " This comes from a State that has solid core values. If you travel down to Lincoln next year stop at some of the " Do Drop Inn's " in the small towns and you'll see what I mean. Don't be surprised if a Husker fan comes up and says: " Let me buy you a round and we'll talk football "

The answer lies in the following quote - "Husker is astute. Not perfect, but astute." diehard August 2013. If you were astute like Husker you would be nice also.

The answer lies in the following quote - "Husker is astute. Not perfect, but astute." diehard August 2013. If you were astute like Husker you would be nice also.

Are you sucking up to Husker??? :)

Husker fans are 1st class and well mannered ! Very good sportsmanship!

Thanks and check out the excellent commentary by Dirk Chatelain in the Sunday Omaha World-Herald. It gives a colorful and philosophical background on the MN/NE series going back to Bierman and Henry Williams. The series was unbalanced for half a century, each way. Let's hope it's more competitive from now on. Great to have you as a guest in Minneapolis - Lincoln is one of my favorite college towns (and it's more of a city than a town).

Husker fan doesnt have the massive inferiority complex that Badger fan does. It's mind blowing how desperately Badger fan seeks validation and how incredibly concerned they are with how they are perceived. Husker fans don't have that.

THATs the difference

I hope when (not if) our program improves we live up to the standard they set. Winning with grace, losing with class.

I felt obligated to the outstanding Nebraska fans next to me to apologize for the scoreboard identifying them as Michigan State. They basically told me that it was funny, but would not be funny if it was Iowa instead of Michigan State!

Thanks BDLHUSKER. You guys are classy in both victory and defeat. Thanks for coming and your kind words.

Thanks BDLHUSKER. You guys are classy in both victory and defeat. Thanks for coming and your kind words.

Like I said in another thread: "Husker fans are the epitome of 'win with class, lose with dignity' ".

Top Bottom