Congrats from Coyle or Kaler ??????

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
Has Coyle or Kaler offered any public statements in the form of congratulations to the coaches or team? If not, that is pretty embarrassing that they are that much in hiding or in no way wanting to be connected to the team.

Has Coyle or Kaler offered any public statements in the form of congratulations to the coaches or team? If not, that is pretty embarrassing that they are that much in hiding or in no way wanting to be connected to the team.

Honest question do the AD and President usually give public congrats?

I would say Kaler usually sends a tweet out - he certainly did for volleyball. I think he's been silent on social media for a few weeks now.

I would say Kaler usually sends a tweet out - he certainly did for volleyball. I think he's been silent on social media for a few weeks now.

Got it. I quit twitter a couple years ago. It would make sense though to send out a congrats tweet or a good game type of thing.

I don't recall when or where ... it just seems like I've heard from Pres. and ADs offering congratulations when appropriate.

Absolutely

Absolutely, they offer congratulations and in doing so remind people who in their mind is really responsible for the accolades. These guys just hide and lie when they are smoked out. Coyle is after all supposed to be the Athletics Director! His job is to champion successes within the program and strive to create more of them.

Seriously! Time to grow up! Public congratulations? Really!? This is usually reserved for teams that make it to the national championship. I don't recall the baseball squad getting any public congrats when they won the Big Ten last year. I also don't recall anyone on the baseball page bitching about it. I am glad the team won. They played a tremendous game and Claeys and his staff did an incredible coaching job! He has earned a contract extension in my opinion. But let's not point out every PERCEIVED slight like this team is a bunch of martyrs who has gone through so much. The administration tripped on their #@%s in this whole situation but the team did plenty to exacerbate the problem. Time to move on!

Seriously! Time to grow up! Public congratulations? Really!? This is usually reserved for teams that make it to the national championship. I don't recall the baseball squad getting any public congrats when they won the Big Ten last year. I also don't recall anyone on the baseball page bitching about it. I am glad the team won. They played a tremendous game and Claeys and his staff did an incredible coaching job! He has earned a contract extension in my opinion. But let's not point out every PERCEIVED slight like this team is a bunch of martyrs who has gone through so much. The administration tripped on their #@%s in this whole situation but the team did plenty to exacerbate the problem. Time to move on!

Didn't they run the baseball team out on the football field earlier this year to recognize their achievement?

Cant disagree with anything stated above and im having trouble with Coyle's invisibility. could the silence indicate that Claeys is history? I never though Tracy could inspire this team like Kill did. I couldnt have been more wrong. Keep Claeys. Seriously, should we organize a rally for Claeys in front of the Presidents building? We need to do something quickly.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Kaler likes to be on the field at half time during home games. Will he show his face next season?

Didn't they run the baseball team out on the football field earlier this year to recognize their achievement?

If that's the case, then they still have time to run them on the court or the ice at a basketball or hockey game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets not get to excited about a win in a Tier 2 bowl game. Remebmer the Wisconsin loss and no Axe again. Until we beat Wisky and a legit Big Ten team we have a long way to go.

Lets not get to excited about a win in a Tier 2 bowl game. Remebmer the Wisconsin loss and no Axe again. Until we beat Wisky and a legit Big Ten team we have a long way to go.

We beat 5 legit Big Ten teams this year.

You said legit. If you're happy being able to say Minnesota is better than Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois and Purdue your standards are too low.

I watched the game and got very excited when they won. Now I just feel stupid. Wish I could have read this post earlier.

Easy to say

Lets not get to excited about a win in a Tier 2 bowl game. Remember the Wisconsin loss and no Axe again. Until we beat Wisky and a legit Big Ten team we have a long way to go.

Throwing piss on a pretty good season, by the Gophers I see. Easy to say the Wisconsin loss and no Axe but that has happened what 13 years in a row. You ever figure out that Minnesota isn't on the same level of Wisconsin, especially when it comes to recruiting and support of the fan base. Especially support of the fan base, we have fans that wanted the team to fail and get killed yesterday just to make their hurt feelings and self righteous morality feel better.
Going to take a lot more then tossing piss and vinegar at the coaches and players to make victory's against Wisconsin happen, even a few players you may not like on the football field. Gophers fought pretty hard and even dominated Wisconsin in Madison of all places in the first half this year, and still tried to rally in the second half when they got down two scores. They could not sustain it with subpar QB and O-line play in the second half against Wisconsin in the second half, and Wisconsin put it in another gear the Gophers could not match.

I want to see Minnesota beat Wisconsin as much as anybody, but have come to the realization that is a much tougher task now then it was a decade ago. If we had some freakin program stability and stayed the course with a staff and improving players in place maybe that beating Wisconsin would actually happen. I think they learned a lot this year in the close losses and what it will take to sustain success against the four programs that beat the Gophers (Yeah and they all happen to be ranked in the top 20) Flushing the toilet, and getting rid of this staff in my opinion would be a huge mistake.

Patience and vision for the future are not a virtue in modern society that is look at with favor. Everyone want's everything right now without having to put in the work to achieve it.
I think the two ego driven dudes in administration will sack the staff(will be a huge mistake if they do) but they will do so at the pressure of all of those self righteous and indignant people that think the Gopher football program is being run by the players and poor representatives of the University of Minnesota.

You said legit. If you're happy being able to say Minnesota is better than Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois and Purdue your standards are too low.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said we beat 5 legit Big Ten teams this year. That is 100% fact. I don't recall playing any fake Big Ten teams.

Top Bottom