Conference Wins

What will be the Gopher's final regular season conference record this year?

• Total voters
I get it that the Gophers historically stink on the road (today was more evidence), but I can't figure out why so many people assume the Gophers will lose to Ohio State at Williams. I fully expect us to win that game. There's only one elite team in the Big Ten, and it isn't OSU. I see no reason we shouldn't expect Gophers to go 8-1 at home. Until they figure out how not to spit the bit away from home, Gophers have to protect their home court.

Best path to tourney now is 8-1 home and 3-6 road. Am optimistic the former can happen, not so much the latter. Let's beat Maryland and get that Purdue game back.

Problem is Maryland is potentially a top 4-6 most difficult road win this year

I'll take the under 7.5 wins at Williams Arena in the B1G any day of the week. Who have they beaten that has impressed you this year? They aren't very good....but the bad part is they will be even worse next year.

No road win is guaranteed, but today was probably the second easiest on the schedule. And we had it right there. A total gut punch of a loss.

I've met a loosely knit group of Pakistanis that played better ball. It's gonna be a long year. Bad record.

The good news is that they won't play this bad every game. The bad news is that they won't play this good every game, either.

I did not watch the game - work day.

Question: not making apologies, but how much did solid home play of Purdue figure into Gophers' collapse? Stephens evidently hit some 3s; what happened to Goph's offense? Deep shot clock desperation shots, quick shots, turnovers, WTF happened?

Updated for Maryland loss.

I'd break it down this way:

Must wins:
1. Rutgers
2. Northwestern
3. Purdue
4. Penn State

Toss-ups: (Need to win 6)
5. Nebraska
6. Iowa
7. @Purdue (L)
8. Illinois
9. @Penn State
10. @Nebraska
11. Ohio State
12. @Indiana
13. @Iowa
14. @Michigan

Probable losses:
15. Wisconsin
16. @Michigan State
17. @Maryland (L)
18. @Wisconsin

Here come the "It's not a must win" folks.

Must one? No. Really really (really) would like to win? Yes.

It isn't a must win IMO until a loss ends your season/tournament hopes. Gophers could lose to OSU and still go 15-3 in the B1G. Not likely at all, but possible. Could also win against OSU and still go 1-17. Point being, I'm not ready to call the third B1G game a must win. It's a long season.

Here come the "It's not a must win" folks.

Anyone who thinks we have more than a 2% (yes 2%) shot if we start 0-3 with a game at Michigan to follow is delusional.

Anyone who thinks we have more than a 2% (yes 2%) shot if we start 0-3 with a game at Michigan to follow is delusional.

To win the Big Ten -- yes. To get to the tournament? Completely absurd statement. With 15 games left including 8 at home and a number of winnable away games?

Through Ohio State game. Brutal start. Forget 'must wins' just win a $%^ game.

Must wins:
1. Rutgers
2. Northwestern
3. Purdue
4. Penn State

5. Nebraska
6. Iowa
7. @Purdue (L)
8. Illinois
9. @Penn State
10. @Nebraska
11. Ohio State (L)
12. @Indiana
13. @Iowa
14. @Michigan

Probable losses:
15. Wisconsin
16. @Michigan State
17. @Maryland (L)
18. @Wisconsin

Through Ohio State game. Brutal start. Forget 'must wins' just win a $%^ game.

Must wins:
1. Rutgers
2. Northwestern
3. Purdue
4. Penn State

5. Nebraska
6. Iowa
7. @Purdue (L)
8. Illinois
9. @Penn State
10. @Nebraska
11. Ohio State (L)
12. @Indiana
13. @Iowa
14. @Michigan

Probable losses:
15. Wisconsin
16. @Michigan State
17. @Maryland (L)
18. @Wisconsin

If Nebraska and Iowa at home and Penn State on the road are toss ups then this team simply isn't good enough to clear the meager bar that is making the NCAA tournament. I am not saying these games are not (now) toss ups, just that teams going to the NCAA tournament fully expect to win those games.

If Nebraska and Iowa at home and Penn State on the road are toss ups then this team simply isn't good enough to clear the meager bar that is making the NCAA tournament. I am not saying these games are not (now) toss ups, just that teams going to the NCAA tournament fully expect to win those games.

Nebraska and Iowa (especially Iowa) are not terrible. They were never gimmees. No road game is a gimmee.

How can anyone predict more than 5 wins based upon current performance? I dream but don't see more wins.

How can anyone predict more than 5 wins based upon current performance? I dream but don't see more wins.

I think some are looking at the best case scenario. The problem there is, when does that ever play out with gopher basketball?? Best case scenario almost never happens, so realistically, I see a 7-11 finish.

Not that it matters anymore, but we're out of bullets:

Must wins: (0-0)
1. Rutgers
2. Northwestern
3. Purdue
4. Penn State

Toss-ups: (Need to go 6-4, currently 0-4)
5. Nebraska
6. Iowa (L)
7. @Purdue (L)
8. Illinois
9. @Penn State
10. @Nebraska
11. Ohio State (L)
12. @Indiana
13. @Iowa
14. @Michigan (L)

Probable losses: (0-1)
15. Wisconsin
16. @Michigan State
17. @Maryland (L)
18. @Wisconsin

Updated look back at this (some games moved)

Must wins: (2-0)
1. Rutgers (W)
2. Northwestern
3. Penn State
4. Nebraska (W)

Toss-ups: (Needed to go 6-4, currently 3-6)
5. Purdue (W)
6. Iowa (L)
7. @Purdue (L)
8. Illinois (W)
9. @Penn State (L)
10. @Nebraska (L)
11. Ohio State (L)
12. @Michigan (L)
13. @Iowa (W)
14. Wisconsin

Probable losses: (0-2)
15. @Indiana (L)