Committed Recruits (2012) Update Thread

I have been disappointed in Mike so far this year.He proved too slow to play safety and I'm not sure he has showed enough speed to be the type of linebacker winning teams have.His brother sounds like he may be a man without a position.I don't watch tape so I may not know what I'm talking about.But in our super slow defense Mike appears to fit in well with the rest of his teammates who don't make big plays.

Maxx Williams and the his Waconia teammates will host Willmar on Tuesday in a 4v5 game. The winner will head to Mankato West on Saturday the 29th to play Phillip Nelson and the Scarlets.

Mitch Leidner and Lakeville South will be on the road in a 4v5 game at Roch. Mayo on Tuesday and if they win they will go to Lakeville North on the 29th for a revenge game with the #1 seed.

Hayes and STA have an easy ride to the Section final where they should meet a 1 loss Holy Angels or South St. Paul Team.

Pirsig and BEA should get a #1 seed but will have a tough section with needing to beat Jackson or Luverne.

Anyone have access to the Gopher Illustrated War Room? The twitterverse says it's interesting.

just read the war room. nothing too new or interesting. we're going after juco db's and a few other juco positions. names include Jeremy Baltazar, David Nealey, Martez Shabazz, Clifford Stokes, Mark Beard,

andrew larson hasn't heard much from us in a while.

quentin gardner hasn't heard from Minn in a while.

just read the war room. nothing too new or interesting. we're going after juco db's and a few other juco positions. names include Jeremy Baltazar, David Nealey, Martez Shabazz, Clifford Stokes, Mark Beard,

andrew larson hasn't heard much from us in a while.

quentin gardner hasn't heard from Minn in a while.

I've said it before, but I wish we'd offer Larson.

As for Gardiner, it's kind of interesting. I wonder if we just aren't going to be giving up anymore scholarships on WRs unless we think they are going to be REALLY good (Dee Joyner, etc.). I only say that because Moulton was offered after we sort of knew the Gardinder situation.

I liked Gardiner and i'd actually like to see him added as well, but it makes me wonder if it was a Moulton or Gardiner situation.

Are we close to signing anymore offensive linemen? We have 2, Pirsig and Hayes and I think they might sign at least 4. Plus, couldn't Hayes end up as a DT?

Are we close to signing anymore offensive linemen? We have 2, Pirsig and Hayes and I think they might sign at least 4. Plus, couldn't Hayes end up as a DT?
From what I've heard, he is much better as an OG but you never know. I hope they offer Lee(I think that's his name) from BEA.

Can't remember. Did Gardner have academic issues?

I'm on board with getting a couple more OLs as well.

Can't remember. Did Gardner have academic issues?

I'm on board with getting a couple more OLs as well.

Yes he did. As a matter of fact I believe he arrived here but had to go home when he didn't get clearance. I could be wrong about that though.

Any of our in-state guys have playoff games? I don't think most of the southern playoffs start until later on.

Letting you guys know that my dad went to the Homestead vs. Milwaukee Riverside and saw Eric Murray play. He said it was hard to tell how he would translate skill and technique wise to Big Ten football but athletically he is a thoroughbred.

I also see that you guys are starting to show interest in Charlie Miller from Vero Beach. As a Badger fan I really hope you guys don't get him as I think he is going to be an absolute stud but for some reason we have not shown very much interest in him after he showed initial interest in us.

As an aside- It would be great if the rest of the Milwaukee City Conference schools would be able to play as well as Riverside has been the last couple years. The rest of the conference is absolutely terrible. It would really help the UW program out and if probably the surrounding Big Ten programs. In the last ten years the Badgers have only gotten Lance Kendricks and Deandre Levy out of there. Marcus Horne probably would have gotten a look this year and broken the drought but we only have 14 scholarships this year.

Marcus Horne was at NDSU/UNI game sat at Fargodome and committed after the NDSU win over 4 MAC schools, UNI and "interest" from Minnesota/Northwestern and Walk On Offer at Wisconsin.

how'd Horne look in the last game>?

Marcus Horne was at NDSU/UNI game sat at Fargodome and committed after the NDSU win over 4 MAC schools, UNI and "interest" from Minnesota/Northwestern and Walk On Offer at Wisconsin.

how'd Horne look in the last game>?
This has nothing to do with the Gophers committed recruits.

zambam I know, sorry, just was just informing our wisconsin friend there (and im sure he's off minnesota's list by now)

Nelson & Pirsig & Hayes are beasts and yes, the Eric Murray kid could play for Minnesota.

Marcus Fuller was on with Reusse today. Reusse was talking about how good Nelson was and what a beast Maxx Williams is. Then they mentioned how low Kill 2012 class is rated right now. Fuller said that it is because how early these kids all committed to MN. He mentioned Nelson likely being upgraded to a 4* and Pirsig being invited to a military All-Star game.

Marcus Fuller was on with Reusse today. Reusse was talking about how good Nelson was and what a beast Maxx Williams is. Then they mentioned how low Kill 2012 class is rated right now. Fuller said that it is because how early these kids all committed to MN. He mentioned Nelson likely being upgraded to a 4* and Pirsig being invited to a military All-Star game.
I'm pretty sure Pirsig was invited to the first ever Marine All-Star game.

Update on Nelson, scored on Mankato's first play from 9 yards out. Scarlets are up 42-0 over a pretty good Hutch team.

Update on Nelson, scored on Mankato's first play from 9 yards out. Scarlets are up 42-0 over a pretty good Hutch team.

42 bump? Yikes. I saw two quarters of the Hutch vs. Waconia game and Hutch seemed tiny across the lines, especially on D; they play hard, but just little. They supposedly have three really good juniors, but one may have gotten hurt a couple of games ago.

Anyway, back on topic - given the reports people have given on Nelson, it sounds like he is just another class of athlete in terms of size, speed and strength. I hope we get to see him on tv in the Prep Bowl

Yeah, it's not really anything new and i'm no expert. I was really stoked about this class for a couple years and I think all the guys we got are really good. Nelson, Hayes and Pirsig could be special and Ithink Leidner, Rallis and Williams are all going to be starting caliber players as well. I'm a MN rube though, so i'm probably bias.

I saw local Rochester TV Sports highlights a month ago when Nelson's Mankato West team played Rochester Mayo. Mayo usually ALWAYS fields a pretty decent football team (certainly some years better than others). Nelson chewed Mayo's defense up and spit them out! It looked like a man playing against elementary school age boys. Nelson threw easily for a couple of touchdowns and then he had a 15-20 yard scramble for a touchdown as well. He's pretty fast and has good size.

Last count Nelson was 10-14 for 200 yards and 4 passing TDs. Not too shabby, especially when they were up big from the start.

Mankato West beats 4th ranked Hutchinson 55-13. Hutch was 9-0 going into game. Phillip Nelson throws for 4 TDS and runs for one. This is the fourth time I've seen West play and by far their best game. Nelson continues to play extremely well. Throws long ball well, bubble screen, and inside slant also very effective. West now plays South St. Paul at Chanhassen High School friday night in first round of state. Nelson's favorite receiver is Hunter Friesen #81, 5-10 165 pounds. Tonight returned opening kickoff 90 yards for TD, in first quarter caught a 46 yard TD pass and a 85 yard TD pass. Score at end of 1st quarter - West 21 Hutch 0. Hunter comes from great genes, his (Hunter's) mother is related to my wife on her (my wife's) fathers side and his (Hunter's) father is related to my wife on her (my wife's) mothers side. No, they are not from Iowa and they are not cousins. Hunter's dad says he (Hunter) runs a 4.4-4.5 40. Hunter is fast as far as 40 time ? You know how dads can be. No one has been able to catch him yet. Also an excellent defensive back. Has had TDs on pass interception, pass receptions, kickoff returns, and punt returns this year. Minnesota has talked to but size would be an issue. Probably will end up at Minnesota State in Mankato. He is about the same size as Marcus Sherells though, will not get taller but will add 10-15 pounds.

Thanks for the update Rhinegator - good stuff!!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the recruiting update all. Good info!!

For those looking for an update of the local commits. All are done for the season except Pirsig and Nelson. Blue Earth has a tough game against Waterville-E-M this Saturday at 1pm. The game is at Gustavus. Nelson runs up against a very good South St. Paul team that ended Isaac Hayes season.

Blue Earth's only loss is to Fairmont who won at Glencoe and made the State Tournament.

Hutchinson is young and will probably be a pre-season favorite to win their class next year.

Mankato West beats 4th ranked Hutchinson 55-13. Hutch was 9-0 going into game. Phillip Nelson throws for 4 TDS and runs for one. This is the fourth time I've seen West play and by far their best game. Nelson continues to play extremely well. Throws long ball well, bubble screen, and inside slant also very effective. West now plays South St. Paul at Chanhassen High School friday night in first round of state. Nelson's favorite receiver is Hunter Friesen #81, 5-10 165 pounds. Tonight returned opening kickoff 90 yards for TD, in first quarter caught a 46 yard TD pass and a 85 yard TD pass. Score at end of 1st quarter - West 21 Hutch 0. Hunter comes from great genes, his (Hunter's) mother is related to my wife on her (my wife's) fathers side and his (Hunter's) father is related to my wife on her (my wife's) mothers side. No, they are not from Iowa and they are not cousins. Hunter's dad says he (Hunter) runs a 4.4-4.5 40. Hunter is fast as far as 40 time ? You know how dads can be. No one has been able to catch him yet. Also an excellent defensive back. Has had TDs on pass interception, pass receptions, kickoff returns, and punt returns this year. Minnesota has talked to but size would be an issue. Probably will end up at Minnesota State in Mankato. He is about the same size as Marcus Sherells though, will not get taller but will add 10-15 pounds.

You forgot to provide the stats on Hunter's mom - a real cougar, if she's even old enough to be a cougar.

BUMP. Mods, can we combine some of the committed (leidner, hayes) threads into this one?

Top Bottom