Commits putting their faith in Fleck

btowngopher

Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised with how Fleck's recruits are already coming on board. He must have a hell of a relationship with these guys if they are committing already without visiting. I figured he would turn some of them, but not so many within 24 hours.

Press conference was 7 hours ago...and he's flipped 4 commits already LOL. what a night

I'm pleasantly surprised with how Fleck's recruits are already coming on board. He must have a hell of a relationship with these guys if they are committing already without visiting. I figured he would turn some of them, but not so many within 24 hours.

Yes, although he is also selling a P5 offer which some don't have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake Minnetonka is elite rowing.

Yes, although he is also selling a P5 offer which some don't have.

Yeah, but it's still impressive that they are committing this quickly to it.

I'm glad the commits we've received are now coming to MN. But for those that are so excited about it... Settle down a bit. These guys have now been offered by a coach they like who is now at a Big 10 school. They basically won the lottery. It's not a difficult decision.

I'm glad the commits we've received are now coming to MN. But for those that are so excited about it... Settle down a bit. These guys have now been offered by a coach they like who is now at a Big 10 school. They basically won the lottery. It's not a difficult decision.

It kind of is considering most have probably never visited here. Some of them turned down other Big10 schools.

Yes, Flipping guys from Western Michigan to Minnesota is a monumental act. Look at their actual offers. MAC level recruiting.

Yes, Flipping guys from Western Michigan to Minnesota is a monumental act. Look at their actual offers. MAC level recruiting.

Try to enjoy life balds.

Just like previous regime where most of them were here 6 years. That recruiting was considered diamonds in the rough and coaching them up.

This guys has been here a whole 8 hours are there are complaints about his recruiting. Can't make this stuff up.

Well I bet you anything they wouldn't have flipped if Claeys was trying to snipe them away from Fleck.

I did and a few guys had multiple P5 offers.

Well I bet you anything they wouldn't have flipped if Claeys was trying to snipe them away from Fleck.

You know that is true for all 5 guys, huh?

Oh No! You mean we would have missed out on 5 Western Michigan recruits? Kill's first two weeks he got Cobb, Wells and Thompson. Care to wager which group will be more successful?

Try to enjoy life balds.

Truth hurts.

I thought there was an unwritten rule that coaches don't take kids committed to the school that they left when taking a new job. Seems classless. Really puts WMU in a bad spot. Great way to say thank you for them giving him his first HC opportunity.

Oh No! You mean we would have missed out on 5 Western Michigan recruits? Kill's first two weeks he got Cobb, Wells and Thompson. Care to wager which group will be more successful?

And you knew how those 3 players were going to turn out?

Guess you know that these 5 players will never amount to anything.

Truth hurts.

I thought there was an unwritten rule that coaches don't take kids committed to the school that they left when taking a new job. Seems classless. Really puts WMU in a bad spot. Great way to say thank you for them giving him his first HC opportunity.

What?

Truth hurts.

Oh please. Every coach does this when they leave.

And you knew how those 3 players were going to turn out?

Guess you know that these 5 players will never amount to anything.

Not at all. Upon review of their careers, it was clear that Kill/Claeys were adept at identifying talent. It's a hard art. Not sure Fleck has it. First year did Kill extend open scholarship offers to all NIU recruits? NO. because he knew it took more to compete. Fleck would be wise to save some dry powder for his awesome recruiting abilities.

And in about 2 hours the Gophers recruiting class has risen from 14th in the Big Ten to 10th.

Well we are up to 51 in the rankings now on Scout.com. Nipping at the heels of 49 Wisconsin and 47 Iowa. Give PJ a day.

I have looked at their offers. Several have multiple Power 5 offers. What's your point?

Not at all. Upon review of their careers, it was clear that Kill/Claeys were adept at identifying talent. It's a hard art. Not sure Fleck has it. First year did Kill extend open scholarship offers to all NIU recruits? NO. because he knew it took more to compete. Fleck would be wise to save some dry powder for his awesome recruiting abilities.

He just took a 13-0 team into the Cotton Bowl. He must have been able to indentify talent in the same conference Kill/Claeys came from.

Has Fleck extend scholarships to all his WMU recruits? No.

Give the guy longer than an 8 hour chance before getting worked up over his first recruiting class.

Truth hurts.

That is not a thing. Happens just about everytime a coach leaves for another job. There's no guarantee these guys would have stayed committed to WMU even if MN didn't offer. Players decommit all the time when a coach leaves.

Truth hurts.

A kid wants to come here and play, Fleck's supposed to say, "Nah, I'm good"? Get real.

Do you remember the great list of offers those kids had?

Kill offered some of his NIU commits when he came to MN. Why are you praising one and criticizing another for doing the exact same thing?

Top Bottom