Commitment! Darius Taylor

you never know on running backs and qbs. like we got decimated once mo said he was coming back and tanner announced all qbs and rb left. having players come back for 6 years is not a great thing for people in the wing. this day and age they want to play our else they are transfering
People wanting to play isn’t new. They are just allowed to leave without punishment now. If you have a bunch of backups who are happy being backups your team is going to be shit.

They wouldn’t have accepted the commitment or even had offered if they didn’t want the guy.
I think saying you have an offer from a school is almost meaningless, these days.

Schools offer laughable multiples of 25 (the max you can sign in a year), and they don't let guys commit until they know the guys ahead of that guy on their board are out.

It happens all the time. If they get someone better, the other recruit will “decommit”.
I’m just saying this is Michigan. They don’t offer average players. It’s not like they are a lower tier school fighting for recruits.

I think saying you have an offer from a school is almost meaningless, these days.

Schools offer laughable multiples of 25 (the max you can sign in a year), and they don't let guys commit until they know the guys ahead of that guy on their board are out.
Do you want them to offer 25 and hope they all commit? That makes no sense. They can send out as many offers as they want. They all follow the signing rules. I think that’s just fine.

Do you want them to offer 25 and hope they all commit? That makes no sense. They can send out as many offers as they want. They all follow the signing rules. I think that’s just fine.
You're right. I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was "wrong".

However, clearly there is a difference between one program having say 75 active offers at a time vs another program with 350 active offers, right? I made those numbers up, just for hypothetical comparison.

You're right. I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was "wrong".

However, clearly there is a difference between one program having say 75 active offers at a time vs another program with 350 active offers, right? I made those numbers up, just for hypothetical comparison.
Yes—for sure. But to each their own. Like swiping right on 500 women instead of 50 women. Cast a wider net and see what happens I guess?

I don’t like the mass offer method.

at least with the mass offer method you can more clearly establish your fair market value.
What I dislike about it is that you can’t develop a personal relationship with recruits. If I was single and swiping right on women maybe I wouldn’t care

Surprised he didn’t come yesterday with his football buddy Drew Viotto?

So gotta think he is solid given that the Michigan offer came and he is still committed.

Doesn't sound like much of an offer to me.

People wanting to play isn’t new. They are just allowed to leave without punishment now. If you have a bunch of backups who are happy being backups your team is going to be shit.
You missed my point. Coaches need to figure out how to play and keep players when they can transfer tomorrow

Doesn't sound like much of an offer to me.
Right.

But I think the point is moreso, when the offer is this late, that all those guys ahead of him are suddenly off the board and they had to quick get an offer out to the next guy down the list.

Now of course, that might not "sit well" with DT. Or he may not care at all. Guess we will see

He was one of the highest ranked recruits in Fickell's Cincinnati class. Will be interesting to see if he follows the coach or looks elsewhere. Always get nervous when the Taylor thread gets bumped but he seems as locked in as can be so if he can bring some others along for the ride all the better :)

He was one of the highest ranked recruits in Fickell's Cincinnati class. Will be interesting to see if he follows the coach or looks elsewhere. Always get nervous when the Taylor thread gets bumped but he seems as locked in as can be so if he can bring some others along for the ride all the better :)
Yeah, I get nervous too and then I check his twitter. He seems all on board, retweeting the 2021 Jump Around during the Gopher game on Saturday.

Top Bottom