Commitment! Darius Taylor

And it's not new...
Keep in mind that in the 50's Minneapolis tore down multiple city blocks that had became known as Skid Row due to rampant alcoholism and a mini economy built around it - flop houses, cheap bars, winos, prostitution, assaults...This isn't a new problem, and it's not unique to our town.

I wasn't around back in the '50's, but am curious what ever happened to the people who lived/hung out at that Skid Row location??

By tearing down those 'multiple city blocks' in Minneapolis, did the 'problem' magically go away?

I wasn't around back in the '50's, but am curious what ever happened to the people who lived/hung out at that Skid Row location??

By tearing down those 'multiple city blocks' in Minneapolis, did the 'problem' magically go away?
No but the former residents became city council members and Mayors.

DT Minneapolis absolutely has some sketchy characters. I'm all for services for the homeless, and I will be vulnerable in saying I also don't want to wade through a sea of homeless people at night, some of whom are addicted, unpredictable, or in need of help.

With all that said, there is not a downtown metropolis in America that isn't facing similar problems.

And it's not new...
Keep in mind that in the 50's Minneapolis tore down multiple city blocks that had became known as Skid Row due to rampant alcoholism and a mini economy built around it - flop houses, cheap bars, winos, prostitution, assaults...This isn't a new problem, and it's not unique to our town.

Maybe I don't have a point that's unique, just sayin Minneapolis is not a mad max post-apocalyptic hellscape...no, it's just a major city, and major cities are dangerous as compared to rural areas. I'm hopeful the football team isn't bopping around at midnight on Hennepin.
Ha! Moby Dicks! A whale of a drink! Old Block E? 1960's thru the early 80's?

Oh of course not - despite compelling arguments throughout history on the merits of prohibition and criminalization, the reality is that people use drugs because drugs work - and most have a lot of trauma that is untreated. I don't think there is a magic answer to any of this.

Minneapolis lost a lot of really beautiful buildings - that really bothers me. St. Paul has done a bit better at protecting neat and historic architecture.

What's wild is that Brutalism or "Brutalist" buildings are now at a spot where they are actually growing a cultish appreciation - after years of being seen as alien/unforgiving/harsh. Aesthetically they are very severe, but I'm all for protecting distinct periods of architecture. A brutalist building juxtaposed with the organic wildness of a natural landscape is a quite jarring and beautiful sight.

Ha! Moby Dicks! A whale of a drink! Old Block E? 1960's thru the early 80's?
If you have any stories you can share, I'd legit love to hear them!
Something about major cities in this time is really fascinating.

NY in the 70's and 80's in particular....man, seeing footage of the Bronx back then is just shocking.

If you have any stories you can share, I'd legit love to hear them!
Something about major cities in this time is really fascinating.

NY in the 70's and 80's in particular....man, seeing footage of the Bronx back then is just shocking.
Perhaps later. It's just a simple MCC Story. On the way, you'd see hard times on Hennepin Ave (Downtown).

Wow. He earned it, so congrats to him. Minnesota fatalism kicking in would say, "he gone," but maybe PJ has built up enough capital to keep him in the boat.
If we are going to lose him I would assume it will happen pretty quickly. If he stays committed even after the Michigan offer then I don't think there is anything else to worry about. Fingers crossed he stays true to his commitment.

If we are going to lose him I would assume it will happen pretty quickly. If he stays committed even after the Michigan offer then I don't think there is anything else to worry about. Fingers crossed he stays true to his commitment.
Michigan already has 2 RBs committed for 2023. Will be interesting to see if he thinks he can play ahead of the two (4 and 3 stars respectively) mentioned in the linked article.

interesting that they even offered with the other 2 RB commits. not sure what they are exactly thinking in this transfer happy world. but lets hope he doesnt fall in love with it.

Their leading rusher is a Junior
Next guy on the chart is a 4 star sophomore
And the true freshman they signed last year even has 30 some carries.

Hopefully his buddy, current teammate (his QB), and another Gopher commit, Drew Viotto, will keep him lean towards us.

U of Michigan is a more known academic school nationally and a better football team than U of MN.

🤞

interesting that they even offered with the other 2 RB commits. not sure what they are exactly thinking in this transfer happy world. but lets hope he doesnt fall in love with it.

Their leading rusher is a Junior
Next guy on the chart is a 4 star sophomore
And the true freshman they signed last year even has 30 some carries.
you never know on running backs and qbs. like we got decimated once mo said he was coming back and tanner announced all qbs and rb left. having players come back for 6 years is not a great thing for people in the wing. this day and age they want to play our else they are transfering

One of the RBs that’s committed to Michigan isn’t very highly rated if I remember correctly so they could be looking to upgrade that 2nd RB. Hoping he sticks with his commitment.

you never know on running backs and qbs. like we got decimated once mo said he was coming back and tanner announced all qbs and rb left. having players come back for 6 years is not a great thing for people in the wing. this day and age they want to play our else they are transfering
Or they want to get paid.

One of the RBs that’s committed to Michigan isn’t very highly rated if I remember correctly so they could be looking to upgrade that 2nd RB. Hoping he sticks with his commitment.
They wouldn’t have accepted the commitment or even had offered if they didn’t want the guy.

They wouldn’t have accepted the commitment or even had offered if they didn’t want the guy.
It happens all the time. If they get someone better, the other recruit will “decommit”.

Top Bottom