Commitment! Darius Taylor

when he signs the Letter of Intent, it's official. until then..........

it's like the difference between being engaged and actually having a wedding ceremony. you say "I Do" and pay the minister, then it's official.

and now for some reason, I want to listen to "I knew the Bride when she used to Rock & Roll" by Nick Lowe............

Would you rather play for Michigan or Minnesota? It isn’t just NIL. He’s from Michigan. They are better. They have a better game day experience.
For many kids, yep, that's all they need to know. But maybe this kid knows that our RB who plays 90% of the plays when healthy will be gone next year and the two backups have not been stellar. So maybe he sees a chance to play earlier here. And maybe this kid knows we run the ball all ... the ... time ... and he could have some fun. And who knows -- maybe he likes Fleck and other things he has seen here?

Or at least we can hope.

For many kids, yep, that's all they need to know. But maybe this kid knows that our RB who plays 90% of the plays when healthy will be gone next year and the two backups have not been stellar. So maybe he sees a chance to play earlier here. And maybe this kid knows we run the ball all ... the ... time ... and he could have some fun. And who knows -- maybe he likes Fleck and other things he has seen here?

Or at least we can hope.
Playing time is a huge deal for a lot of players.

Playing time is a huge deal for a lot of players.
Yep - if you told a recruit they can start at Minnesota or play sparingly/none at Michigan, 98% are picking Minnesota. Obviously nobody has a crystal ball but plenty of kids want the more sure route to playing time, even at a lesser program.

Or at least we can hope.
I’m not saying he won’t come here. I’m saying NIL isn’t the only plausible explanation if he goes to Michigan.

Yep - if you told a recruit they can start at Minnesota or play sparingly/none at Michigan, 98% are picking Minnesota. Obviously nobody has a crystal ball but plenty of kids want the more sure route to playing time, even at a lesser program.
No. They aren’t. Otherwise 4 and 5 star kids would be much more evenly dispersed across P5

Things may get shaky IF/WHEN Michigan offers him. Until then…he’s 1000%

Big deal. Gopher basketball always has a lot of recruits at their home games. Then they sign somewhere else.

He can go to Michigan and ride the pine for 4 years!🤷‍♂️
Back in the mid 90’s I remember Gopher fans hoping Eden Prairie QB Jason Kapsner would choose Minnesota because there appeared to be a clear path to a starting starting job in the not too distant future. He was a top 10 rated QB coming out of high school. Instead, he chose Michigan and was mostly 3rd string. I believe he won a National Championship, so maybe he’d make the same choice again.

Big deal. Gopher basketball always has a lot of recruits at their home games. Then they sign somewhere else.
Bingo. A kid from Michigan attending the Michigan/MSU football game does not have to mean anything more than he had the opportunity to go and he went.

Bingo. A kid from Michigan attending the Michigan/MSU football game does not have to mean anything more than he had the opportunity to go and he went.
True.
I'm wondering what their opinion was on the after game scuffle (thuggery)? As a parent, I would want my kid to steer clear of anything like that.

True.
I'm wondering what their opinion was on the after game scuffle (thuggery)? As a parent, I would want my kid to steer clear of anything like that.
Definitely a bad look for MSU however you have to be careful attributing the actions of a few individuals to a full team or program.

Definitely a bad look for MSU however you have to be careful attributing the actions of a few individuals to a full team or program.
Did you watch the tape? It was more than a few individuals.....and the scariest part was it sure appeared NOBODY was trying to break it up on MSU's side.

Then why would we want him?
[/QUO. I guess my point was I don’t think he’s going anywhere. Michigan has a 4 star and another three star already committed along with an already impressive group.

New order for PJ Fleck: Committed players have to have Gopher tattoos!

Or downtown Minneapolis ;)
DT Minneapolis absolutely has some sketchy characters. I'm all for services for the homeless, and I will be vulnerable in saying I also don't want to wade through a sea of homeless people at night, some of whom are addicted, unpredictable, or in need of help.

With all that said, there is not a downtown metropolis in America that isn't facing similar problems.

And it's not new...
Keep in mind that in the 50's Minneapolis tore down multiple city blocks that had became known as Skid Row due to rampant alcoholism and a mini economy built around it - flop houses, cheap bars, winos, prostitution, assaults...This isn't a new problem, and it's not unique to our town.

Maybe I don't have a point that's unique, just sayin Minneapolis is not a mad max post-apocalyptic hellscape...no, it's just a major city, and major cities are dangerous as compared to rural areas. I'm hopeful the football team isn't bopping around at midnight on Hennepin.

According to 247, Michigan hasn't even offered him.

Top Bottom