Commit #21

Monty519

Reaction score
Chris Hawkins just committed, so I believe I'm reading on Rivals. 3 star, 5.7 recruit. Good offer list. :clap:

link

That is what I like to see, a real live offer list with other BCS schools.

Now this is a really nice get.....starting to get really impressed with Brewsters recruiting at the moment. Pretty stoked about this.

Great way to start the weekend. Lets hope the positivity continues after win tomorrow.

How many WRs can we have? Decker, Kuznia, and Pittman are gone after this year, but given that we aren't running a spread offense this seems a little out of control. Its GREAT to get a good player, I'm not complaining about that, just that you can't build a team around WRs. Allen, Brandon, Carpenter, Green, McKnight, Keise, and Stoudamire is already a tough depth chart going forward, not to mention Hill in the next class, too.

2 Allen, Bryant WR 6-0 167 Fr. Maplewood, Mo. (Maplewood-Richmond Heights HS)
81 Barker, A.J. WR 6-1 178 Fr. St. Paul, Minn. (De La Salle HS)
80 Brandon, Xzavian WR 6-3 188 So. Duluth, Ga. (Northview)
4 Carpenter, Hayo WR 5-11 174 Jr. Lawndale, Calif. (College of the Canyons )
7 Decker, Eric WR 6-3 220 Sr. Cold Spring, Minn. (Rocori)
1 Green, Brandon WR 6-0 183 So. Chicago, Ill. (Robeson)
84 Keise, Victor WR 6-1 176 Fr. Coral Springs, Fla. (North Broward Prep HS)
83 McKnight, Da'Jon WR 6-3 200 So. Dallas, Texas (Skyline)
87 Ngekia, Sahr WR 6-4 213 Fr. Richfield, Minn. (Academy of Holy Angels)
11 Stoudermire, Troy WR 5-10 183 So. Dallas, Texas (Skyline)

well...

Decker is a senior
Kuznia is a senior
Pittman is a senior
Hayo is a junior
two of those are walk ons

First off, Decker is graduating so he shouldn't be on your list. Barker is a walk-on, little chance he sees the field and isn't costing a schollie. I have little doubt that they are trying to get Sahr to add weight and become a TE for 2 years down the road (another walk-on). You don't pass on play makers like Hill and Hawkins.

Decker is a senior
Kuznia is a senior
Pittman is a senior
Hayo is a junior
two of those are walk ons

And I'm assuming McKnight was brought in to snare Cooper.

"And I'm assuming McKnight was brought in to snare Cooper. " Just like Stoudermire too huh? McKnight will be a player as well. He has already seen the field.

Once again, Brewster shows a lack of foresight by recruiting and committing a highly talented and heavily recruited receiver. ;)

wow, what an offers list he has, looks like we were his only visit too, didn't know we were so close on this one!!! Welcome aboard!

People need to get it out of their heads that just because we ditched "the spread" doesn't mean we'll never be a pass focused team. I think Fisch's offense will be focused to where our best talent is, we'll just be less one-dimensional.

Sonny!!! Are you telling me that we need top 100 Texas Wrs to be a good team? Come on we are pro-style now! We need running backs since we no longer need the spread. What a waste of a scholarship. ;)

"And I'm assuming McKnight was brought in to snare Cooper. " Just like Stoudermire too huh? McKnight will be a player as well. He has already seen the field.

Of course not...Stoudemire was brought in to get Reeves, obv. :D

I'm sure McKnight's a nice player (evidently had a TD catch last year as a true freshman). But he's never been spoken of as a game changer (at least that I've heard) and wasn't rated highly by scouts, etc. Not saying he couldn't end up being very good, just that he isn't expected to, at least by the public at-large.

Rivals & ESPN show no commitment, Scout shows no interest in Minnesota, is this a true commit?

Great get for Brew and company. Lots of good offers for him.

Looking on our commitment list, I just noticed Tauaefa is rated a 5.6. Wasn't he one of the guys that was unrated as of a few days ago? I could be wrong but I swear we had two unranked guys.

Looking on our commitment list, I just noticed Tauaefa is rated a 5.6. Wasn't he one of the guys that was unrated as of a few days ago? I could be wrong but I swear we had two unranked guys.

Here is a post I made a while back showing more recent clips of Tauaefa, it is no surprise this kid ended up being rated a 3*. He just looks nasty.

You are correct, sir.

edmcmahon19.jpg

I believe he was unrated as of yesterday.

With he and Hawkins, that now brings us up to fifteen 3-stars (and two 4-stars).

For those who feel this is a "down" class, I will remind you that Mason's last full class in 2006 had nine 3-stars and no 4-stars. For a program at our level, I am more than happy to take a class full of 3-stars or better, which is what this year's class is shaping up to be (with a few exceptions). And we still half a half-dozen or more open scholarships to hand out.

Welcome to Gopher Nation Chris! Excellent way to start the weekend. And is it too late to change our team name to North, North Texas?

You are correct, sir.

edmcmahon19.jpg

I believe he was unrated as of yesterday.

With he and Hawkins, that now brings us up to fifteen 3-stars (and two 4-stars).

For those who feel this is a "down" class, I will remind you that Mason's last full class in 2006 had nine 3-stars and no 4-stars. For a program at our level, I am more than happy to take a class full of 3-stars or better, which is what this year's class is shaping up to be (with a few exceptions). And we still half a half-dozen or more open scholarships to hand out.

Well said, Getting a lot of these solid 3-star or better guys is very important. Even if we don't sign a bunch of the high end "headline" recruits, it's still a very solid class in my opinion.

Mcknight has been holding his own and has deserved time on the field. Stoudermire has pretty well been amazing. He is someone that definitely falls under the sleeper category.

Kent
has also written about this commitment. Nothing new from him but the two comments are interesting. Just when I thought gopherhole was a debbie downer, people there start quoting THIS thread. Only problem is they don't seem to pick up on sarcasm.

Switch to DB

Are any of these guys dual players in the form of WR or DB? If so could some of them be athletic enough to switch to DB and fill a need for us?

Are any of these guys dual players in the form of WR or DB? If so could some of them be athletic enough to switch to DB and fill a need for us?

If we land Kenny Bell, he would be playing Corner Back for us. As far as Marquise Hill and Hawkins are concerned (the other wide receiver commits), they have too much play making ability to be put on the defensive side of the ball when the offense is severely lacking play making talent going into next year. That is just my 2 cents.

It should be noted though that both Hill and Hawkins also line up on the defensive side of the ball so I wouldn't shocked to see it happen. I already know the gophers recruited Hill as a Reciever though. Hawkins averaged 30 yards per catch his junior year which is incredible and would be a great addition to our receiving core. Check out his highlight film on ESPN and be amazed.

Top Bottom