Comments from Derrick Nix Last Night

Reserve

Reaction score
Regardless of whether it was intentional, what should have been called, ..

When I got hit, I blacked out for about four seconds," Nix said. "Then I got up. After about a few more seconds, I was back to (normal)."

After the initial pain subsided, Nix said he stayed on the floor as long as he could so his team could get a free timeout.

Nix laid on the floor for about 15 seconds before he walked to the bench and was evaluated by team trainer Tom Mackowiak .

"I just laid there to get my teammates some rest," Nix said. "I was kinda faking a little bit."

http://detnews.com/article/20100114...nd-Green-s-success-no-surprise-to-Tubby-Smith

If you watch the interview with Nix he's laughing the entire. he was laughing it off.

What surprises me is how, year after year, Izzo is able to compete in the Big Ten with the inferior talent and athleticism he brings in. The guy is a basketball wizard.

What surprises me is how, year after year, Izzo is able to compete in the Big Ten with the inferior talent and athleticism he brings in. The guy is a basketball wizard.

Really? Inferior talent? MSU's recruiting classes have been extremely talented and highly ranked, nationally.

Yeah that article pisses me off. Especially the parts where Lucas called it a "cheap shot" and the whole "faking it" part. I also enjoyed Colt's reaction to that by not showing any remorse. If Nix is going to be clawing around down there like that after Colt clearly has the rebound he should expect to take a shot like that. Colt isn't just going to give him the opportunity to screw around down there and try to strip the ball from him.

My favorite part about Colt's game is how defenders come driving in and do a layup, run into him, and fall over backwards while he just stands there like a bug ran into him. The guy is a tank. Now we just need to teach the tank how to get pissed and slam the ball when he is down low.

Not to mention the "Possible Suspension" headline is a bunch of garbage as well. Though how is that different than anything else in Detroit right now?

Ba-dum tish

Really? Inferior talent? MSU's recruiting classes have been extremely talented and highly ranked, nationally.

Yeah, Izzo brings in bums every year. No talent, no brain, slow and outclassed bums. (Maybe I need to use the smiley face icons when using humor?) Izzo could only dream of bringing in the type of guys that can compete for national titles.

This seems like an "ordinary" MSU to me

Yeah, Izzo brings in bums every year. No talent, no brain, slow and outclassed bums. (Maybe I need to use the smiley face icons when using humor?) Izzo could only dream of bringing in the type of guys that can compete for national titles.

They dont seem to have the "it" other Izzo teams have had.

This is a joke right? Michigan State has something like nine 4-star guys and at least two 5-star guys on the roster. I wouldn't call that inferior talent. You mix that with a great coach and you have a team that is a menace in the Big 10.

Yeah, Izzo is a great, great, great, great coach ... I would love to see how he would do with the Detroit Pistons. Oh wait .... screaming and yelling F-bombs constantly doesn't work in the NBA! Nevermind!

This is a joke right? Michigan State has something like nine 4-star guys and at least two 5-star guys on the roster. I wouldn't call that inferior talent. You mix that with a great coach and you have a team that is a menace in the Big 10.

Waited a week for my login-id... sorry to dredge this one up but it needed some correction:

Izzo & MSU are not loaded.. over the past five years, Roe is the top recruit at #24. this year's freshman ( nix #69 and sherman #75 ) dont rank the team in the top 30... same is true of the 2005 class with only walton (#116 ).

the other three years:

2008 ( roe #24, lucious #98, green #122 ) team rank: 17

2007 (allen #33, lucas #38, summers #58 ) team rank: 9

2006 (morgan 33, herzog 54, dahlman 116 ) team rank 12

this is certainly not Carolina/Duke/Uconn/Kentucky talent.. Izzo has fire and gets the most out of the talent he brings in.. MSU voted 2nd best team of decade recently by ESPN.. maybe it's because most are local boys?

Top Bottom