Combine Results

gophervet

Reaction score
I DO NOT want to start a debate, but I thought it was interesting that Chandler Harnish from NIU ran a 4.76 at the combine. I thought he was a bit faster than that, but it ballparks what the ideal QB running Kill's offense has for legs (I think Kill really loved Harnish running that offense). RG3 ran a freakish 4.41. That guys is quite the athlete.

Also thought it was interesting that Chris Rainey, a world class track athlete, only ran a 4.45. ( I know only is a bad word because it is still freakish). I think DPO could use that as some evidence to his argument.

Full skill position results here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7610771/updated-results-day-5-2012-nfl-combine

His first two times ran, considered unofficial, were 4.42 and 4.44. Draft stock just went way up.

Skyrocketed. It reminds me of Julio Jones. He ran a great 40 and the Falcons threw away a bunch of picks to get him.

His first two times ran, considered unofficial, were 4.42 and 4.44. Draft stock just went way up.
yes but his official time was 4.47 but either way you are correct that his stock just went way up, specially when you consider that Kendall Wright (considered to be the 2nd best WR) ran a 4.61 which coupled with his height (5'10) pretty much destroyed his draft stock

Yeah, I am shocked Floyd ran it that fast. I thought he was the best WR in college at playing the ball while it was in the air and I have to think with that time and his size, he's going to be the second WR selected.

I might even pick him before Blackmon (Blackmon just reminds me too much of Michael Crabtree).

Many of the mock drafts I've looked at had Floyd pegged to the Bears. It just became highly unlikely that he falls that far.

Yeah, I am shocked Floyd ran it that fast. I thought he was the best WR in college at playing the ball while it was in the air and I have to think with that time and his size, he's going to be the second WR selected.

I might even pick him before Blackmon (Blackmon just reminds me too much of Michael Crabtree).

I didn't realize Blackmon is only 6-1. For some reason, I thought he was 6-3, 6-4.

I still think Blackmon is the 1st WR taken but how high he is taken will be determined with what time he runs his forty. Since he measured in at right around 6'1, his forty became super important. If he runs anything below 4.4, which he "reportedly" can, he could easily go as high as 3 to the Vikings.

I can honestly say I'm not surprised Floyd ran as fast has he did. I have watched this kid play football since his freshman season at Cretin and he has always been fast. I have constantly stated that Mn produces more than enough D1 talent to make the gophers a perennial big ten contender. The problem is we don't produce enough talent to consistently allow the top 2 or 3 players to leave the state.

I grow tired watching mediocre talent/athletes from out of state come here proclaimed as the speed Minnesota doesn't have. Here is the deal, every year we watch some "speedster" from down south/SEC run slower than advertised and some kid from the midwest/bigten run faster. Yes, the SEC/southern schools have more overall speed....just not nearly as much as assumed.

Vikings desperately need a left tackle. Will take Kalis if he's there, unless we get an unbelievable deal.
Riley Reiff just got hurt so there goes that idea.

I DO NOT want to start a debate, but I thought it was interesting that Chandler Harnish from NIU ran a 4.76 at the combine. I thought he was a bit faster than that, but it ballparks what the ideal QB running Kill's offense has for legs (I think Kill really loved Harnish running that offense). RG3 ran a freakish 4.41. That guys is quite the athlete.

Also thought it was interesting that Chris Rainey, a world class track athlete, only ran a 4.45. ( I know only is a bad word because it is still freakish). I think DPO could use that as some evidence to his argument.

Full skill position results here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7610771/updated-results-day-5-2012-nfl-combine

RGIII is also a world class track athlete.

Big surprise for me today was Cliff Harris @ 4.64 always thought he was a speedster and Claiborne @ 4.50 thought he would be a little faster than that

Top Bottom