Columbus Road Trippers - Roll Call

Gopher Bandanna Guy

Irascible Skeptic
Reaction score
Who's headed to Columbus, OH this weekend to back the Maroon and Gold?

Means of transportation? Plans?

Let's get a little excitement going for a great road trip opportunity (last time OSU comes up on the schedule at the Horseshoe until 2018)...

My group is assembling in Chicago Thursday night, then driving down to Columbus together Friday morning. Largely open agenda for us, though we will tailgate.

Driving over from Indy with dad and brother early Sat morning. Tailgating with some friends from the area. I think there was a threat for the OSU game somewhere with tips and stuff, but I'd like thoughts on parking if people have them.

We are flying out Friday morning, with a connection through Midway, so we will be in Columbus early Friday afternoon. We are probably going to check out the pubs/bars/restaurants in the High Street area Friday evening... We are staying downtown near the convention center and there are plenty of establishments within easy walking distance. In the other thread, someone recommended Pint House, so that is definitely on our list for Friday night. Here is a link to the other thread:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?62106-All-Things-Gophers-Trip-to-Ohio-State-November-7

4 of us are leaving Friday morning, flying through O'Hare on the way to Columbus. Meeting 2 others there and staying somewhat near the stadium. Likely going to fly by the seat of our pants but plan to stop by the BWW's Saturday afternoon, Goal Line Club sent a message out about a Gopher gathering there Saturday afternoon. Recently saw that TCU plays Okie State at 3:30 and we'll probably try to catch that game somewhere. We became quasi-fans after our trip there last year.

Other than that, we are up for anything.

We are flying out early Friday, playing golf at Longaberger (number one public course in Ohio) High street Friday night. Campus Saturday morning, then MN Fan Zone then the game Saturday night. Sunday sleep in then golfing at Rain Tree South around noon and fly back late Sunday night. Should be FUN!

I've got 2 in my group. My son doesn't know we're going. I'll be waking him up early Friday morning, he thinks he'll be headed to school but instead we'll be headed to the airport! Super pumped to experience Ohio Stadium for a night game and hold out hope we pull off one of the biggest upsets in program history.

Go Gophers!!

I'll be driving solo at 5am Friday and I'll be meeting a good friend (OSU Alum) in Columbus who is flying in from Texas. Win or lose I'm looking forward to having a good time experiencing what im told is a great cfb environment.

Leaving Friday morning with two others.

I've got 2 in my group. My son doesn't know we're going. I'll be waking him up early Friday morning, he thinks he'll be headed to school but instead we'll be headed to the airport! Super pumped to experience Ohio Stadium for a night game and hold out hope we pull off one of the biggest upsets in program history.

Go Gophers!!

Awesome! Will you be my dad for the weekend as well?

Go Gophers!!

What an awesome surprise! Hope the team can deliver for us on that upset.

What an awesome surprise! Hope the team can deliver for us on that upset.

Met a Gopher Dad on the Indiana trip 2 years ago, that was decided on the lateral that Hill scooped up when everyone else stopped on the play, that woke up his 2 sons Saturday morning and told them they were going to Indiana. He showed us the video of waking up his sons and their excitement was priceless. Hopefully, I will be able to do the same some day.

My son and I are driving from Des Moines leaving Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

That's awesome, bleed! Enjoy you're time out here. Even though you're a Gopher true and blue, it's an amazing experience watching your first Script Ohio performed live in person. Feel free to me know if you guys need any advice or anything regarding stuff to do, getting around Ohio State, whatever. I'm excited to see some Minnesotans around campus for once!

We are flying out Friday morning, with a connection through Midway, so we will be in Columbus early Friday afternoon. We are probably going to check out the pubs/bars/restaurants in the High Street area Friday evening... We are staying downtown near the convention center and there are plenty of establishments within easy walking distance. In the other thread, someone recommended Pint House, so that is definitely on our list for Friday night. Here is a link to the other thread:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?62106-All-Things-Gophers-Trip-to-Ohio-State-November-7

Lots of bars and pubs on high street. Most lively tend to be the O, Big Bar, Toos, Eddie George's (more of a restaurant). Right across High Street from campus. For some better dining options I'd check out Upper Arlington about 5-7 minutes West of the Shoe.

It would be cool to have a former Gopher open a bar restaurant in stadium village someday.
Have fun on this trip Gopher fans!

Top Bottom