Colton's basket interference

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
Cost us the game.

Is it possible to choke one's self to death. I am going to try it right now. Will let you know how it goes...

Colton is a very, very poor basketball player. Tubby needs to stop playing him NOW. Before, his little elbows to the face and missed layups might have seemed kind of innocent and cute, but he is now costing the team an NCAA birth. Sit him down!

Without question...if he leaves that ball alone, we're up by 7 and we win the game, if I recall. It was either 78-73 or 78-75...either way, we build our lead there. As it was, we never scored again...

I agree somewhat. It was obviously not the deciding factor in the loss but it only helped in the momentum shift towards Indiana.

Another game, another elbow from Iverson.

Iverson has been a bull in a china shop lately,but Bigs take a long time to mature. Guess we'll have to hope that happens

I didn't mind the boneheaded play as much as I thought I would have. Knowing it was Nolan shooting the ball, I would have crashed the boards as well.

Colton is a very, very poor basketball player. Tubby needs to stop playing him NOW. Before, his little elbows to the face and missed layups might have seemed kind of innocent and cute, but he is now costing the team an NCAA birth. Sit him down!

If that game is played anywhere else but at Indiana in the Big Ten, that's a DEFENSIVE foul called and Colton gets nothing. When Shurna put stitches in Hummel's eye the other night, did Shurna get a foul called on HIM?

The Big Ten establishes major double standards, usually favoring the home team. That's by far the biggest reason why it's so hard to win a road game.

If that game is played anywhere else but at Indiana in the Big Ten, that's a DEFENSIVE foul called and Colton gets nothing. When Shurna put stitches in Hummel's eye the other night, did Shurna get a foul called on HIM?

The Big Ten establishes major double standards, usually favoring the home team. That's by far the biggest reason why it's so hard to win a road game.

And look how our conference does as a whole in the NCAA tournament. Our teams can't compete because they are so used to the home team getting calls!!!!

I didn't think either of Iverson's elbows were fouls, but I get why they were called. The defensive players were all over him on both occasions and should have gotten the fouls. Colton needs to get rid of the ball before it gets to that point. The ref's (because they are bad at what they do) will always give the home team that call.

I didn't think either of Iverson's elbows were fouls, but I get why they were called. The defensive players were all over him on both occasions and should have gotten the fouls. Colton needs to get rid of the ball before it gets to that point. The ref's (because they are bad at what they do) will always give the home team that call.

How many times does he have to get hit and mauled before the call goes his way? I agree with you btw!!

Ball was coming out of the cylinder - should have been non call.....officials allowed themselves to get caught up in the crowd or somethingn today.

Goal tending call on Williams was another poor call. Ball was not even all teh way above the rum when the block was made. YIKES.

Ah, yes, you have stated the correct, honest answer, with no caveats. Thank you.

elbow

I thought the rule was you can't swing elbows faster than your hips. He certainly didn't tonight. Maybe the other night (did the refs notice the horrible hack on his elbow while they were looking at the replay?), but tonight he turned and the guy was just in that tight.

Ah, yes, you have stated the correct, honest answer, with no caveats. Thank you.

If you have paid any attention to my posts (not saying you should) you would know that I absolutely hate all ref's-officials-umps-etc. That's how I roll.

>>Colton's basket interference cost us the game.<<

No more than our six dozen other mistakes. Get real.

goaltending

Iverson's goaldtending: It's hard to fault a player for being agressive there. He's in the right position for a huge put-back dunk. It's a split second decision to touch or not. He must have thought it was coming out, because he could have dunked it and instead waited to the last second to tip it.

Cost us the game.

Is it possible to choke one's self to death. I am going to try it right now. Will let you know how it goes...

I thought it was the 11+ rebounding margin for Indiana. The lazy play. The zone defense. Benching Nolen and Westrbook for who knows how many minutes... our team was not ready to play.

The only bright spot to me was Joseph showing some life.

>>It's hard to fault a player for being aggressive there.<<

Exactly. If he stands and waits, we'd call him soft.

Nolen with zero field goals and a couple of assists and missing two easy drives and two key free throws was a bigger part of the loss than our backup center tipping in a ball hanging on the rim. If Nolen puts that bunny in clean there is no rim hanger. Our seniors let us down in this game. Case closed.

this was a whole team loss, maybe if they would have showed up to play a first half or even at the start at the second half. We got what we deserved. This team over-achieved last year and are probably under-achieving this year.

If you have paid any attention to my posts (not saying you should) you would know that I absolutely hate all ref's-officials-umps-etc. That's how I roll.
Aw man, reading your post made me laugh and man I needed to laugh after this game.

Top Bottom