Colton Iverson to start versus Purdue

Colton Iverson is the biggest turd on the Gophers team. He has not improved one bit from last year and i would argue he has gotten worse.

I guess if Colt 'wants' to do it. Sure. But I don't see him volunteering that way, and I don't see Tubby asking him to do it. Seriously, how often have the Gophers had anyone redshirt later then their sophomore season for anything other then medical/off-court reasons? I can't think of any. How often has Tubby had anyone do that? (Cue FOT.)

You are probably right about that.

WOW

I would agree that Colton hasn't made any strides this season, anyone but Hoff has, maybe a tad for Rodney that's about it, definitely not Sampson. We are a team full of people lacking confidence after early success.

I would love for Colton to start making 10ft shots, but wouldn't it be more realistic for Trevor to expand his game and make that shot if he wants to see the floor in the NBA someday? If Trevor adds this I can see them playing together more. By the way how many outside jumpers has Sampson hit of late. Sampson is an ok passer but he hasn't hit anything outside lately. And everytime one goes in its all the more likely he stays outside the lane and remains passive.

What has he done?

Bag on Colton if you must, but the guy plays hard and gives good minutes. He has high energy gets tough rebounds, blocks shots, and has some nifty post moves he doesn't get much credit for. Right now he's pretty much the Anti-Sampson. I'd argue his minutes are largely unappreciated and far more effective than Ralphs right now.

When Colton and Mbakwe are on the floor together, offensive rebounds for the opponent are nearly non-existent.

I thought Colt played great today in a lot less minutes than Sampson again. Colt also gets the bad end of ticky tack fouls. Maybe he is too strong??

Top Bottom