colt to colorado state

Go4

Reaction score
good luck big fella

From Shooter:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_17891391

— Colton Iverson, the 6-foot-10 former University of Minnesota junior who left after the season, committed to Colorado State this afternoon.

Iverson will sit out next season as a transfer, but will be on scholarship, as he will for his senior season in 2012-13.

Before committing to Colorado State, Iverson visited California and Santa Clara. He canceled a recruiting visit to Texas AM this weekend.

Iverson, from Yankton, S.D., isn't the first Gopher to leave for Colorado State. Two years ago, former Mr. Basketball Minnesota Travis Busch from Mounds View High left the Gophers and ended up starting his senior season at Colorado State.

Iverson will enroll in classes this summer at Colorado State

From Shooter: Iverson, from Yankton, S.D., isn't the first Gopher to leave for Colorado State. Two years ago, former Mr. Basketball Minnesota Travis Busch from Mounds View High left the Gophers and ended up starting his senior season at Colorado State.

You would think Shooter would know that Travis didn't leave the Gophers for Colorado he was shown the door and then ended up there.

His departure gave us room for the Royce White show.

Colton.

Good luck to him. I never doubted his effort and it was tough to watch him struggle this year.

Good luck to him. I never doubted his effort and it was tough to watch him struggle this year.

I agree. I've never felt like Colt lacked the fire in his belly, I hope he can achieve his potential at CSU. Wish the best to him, seems like a good kid.

Yeah, I'll wish Colt good luck. Like PC, I don't think he's leaving under terrible circumstances. I wish he would have stuck around, but we'll be fine without him. And he had some good moments for us over the years.

From Shooter:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_17891391

— Colton Iverson, the 6-foot-10 former University of Minnesota junior who left after the season, committed to Colorado State this afternoon.

Iverson will sit out next season as a transfer, but will be on scholarship, as he will for his senior season in 2012-13.

Before committing to Colorado State, Iverson visited California and Santa Clara. He canceled a recruiting visit to Texas AM this weekend.

Iverson, from Yankton, S.D., isn't the first Gopher to leave for Colorado State. Two years ago, former Mr. Basketball Minnesota Travis Busch from Mounds View High left the Gophers and ended up starting his senior season at Colorado State.

Iverson will enroll in classes this summer at Colorado State

Best of luck to Colt. It was interesting to see him visiting California. Is Justin forming an X-Gophers club down there?

Go Gophers

This is a good move for Iverson. He gets a year to work on his game, and will hopefully have a breakout year after.

Thanks for at least waiting until the season was over to transfer, Colt. Unlike some other players...

I wish we had more guys with the hustle and energy Iverson had. It was tough watching him struggle this year though. Good luck to him.

You would think Shooter would know that Travis didn't leave the Gophers for Colorado he was shown the door and then ended up there.

His departure gave us room for the Royce White show.

That's not exactly accurate either. Travis was never guaranteed a scholarship, he was given one because the Gophers had one available and it was made clear that it did not mean he was permanently on scholarship. The Gophers did not extend him a scholarship for what would have been his senior season and, instead of going back to being a walk on, Travis decided to go to CSU because they would put him on scholarship. Travis was welcome to say with the program as a walk on which was his original role.

I agree. I've never felt like Colt lacked the fire in his belly, I hope he can achieve his potential at CSU. Wish the best to him, seems like a good kid.

Good luck, big Colt!

Colt's lone season with the Rams could be a special one for CSU. They were the surprise team of the MWC this season and despite losing a couple key seniors this year, they are LOADED with freshmen and sophomores. Miles has built a nice little program at CSU in his short time there. I hope he continues to do well.

I'm jealous of Colt -- another two free years of school, and he gets to go to school in Fort Collins. CSU is in a nice little place, there.

Thanks for at least waiting until the season was over to transfer, Colt. Unlike some other players...
I keep seeing references to Devoe quitting the team mid season. Didn't he actually flunk out?

Gophers had one available and it was made clear that it did not mean he was permanently on scholarship.

I've seen that posted on here before, it's not the way I heard it actually went down.

congrats colt

Just peeking at CSU's roster: They were led by 2 senior forwards in Ogide and Franlin. But most of the contributers after those two are sophmore guards and wings. They will all be seniors when Colt plays in 2012-13. He also will join 2 other centers though: 7' 270 Trevor Williams, and 6'10" 250 Chad Calcaterra from Cloquet. I'm thinking they redshirted so they would be sophmores then.

Fort Collins is a great college town. I'm thinking and hoping Colt has a great season. I think he could be quite successful in that league. Especially with a whole season to improve his game next year.

Tim Miles, ex NDSU coach is a DOLAN South Dakota resident (or grew up there I mean) and that connection with Colton and South Dakota roots got him to CSU.

CSU should be top 2-3 teams in thier conf next year, they just missed the dance this year. good job Timmy I say, problem is for minnesota/ndsu is that Tim Miles is in twin cities/minnesota alot recruiting.

Tim Miles, ex NDSU coach is a DOLAN South Dakota resident (or grew up there I mean)

That town does not exist.

The good news for all of us is that, since DLtennial was kicked off bisonville, he apparently is going to spending all of his time here now. Five posts already today, and it's not even lunchtime. Oh goody.

problem is for minnesota/ndsu is that Tim Miles is in twin cities/minnesota alot recruiting.

I hear that's why Tubby hasn't signed the extension. He's not sure he can handle the grind of recruiting against Saul Phillips and Tim Miles.

IMO. Colt does not get credit for his effort and influence on the floor. He was abused by arrogant, self-important, brain-dead, Big 10 officials. It was apparent to me that he was their whipping boy and as it was happening, I feared that the prejudicial and phantom infractions he was called for and the no-call muggings he was subjected to would injure his carreer. And they did.

Good luck Colt. Sorry about the B10 Jack A$$e$. Thanks for the effort you gave to the Gophers' fans.

Do we have idiots recruiting for our winter sports?

Both Men's BB and Hockey have a disproportionate amount of recruits who end up leaving the program early.

MN1nAZ, I saw it much the same way, for what it's worth. I wish Colton nothing but the best out there. I believe his failure to thrive here was also a direct result of Tubby's lack of offensive basketball acumen. The man simply does not have an aptitude for that side of the floor, and unless you can "create" your own shot with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, you're going to get precious few good looks.

In 2012-2013, methinks young Mr. Iverson will have the last laugh. Tubby will likely be out of here (thank God), and Colton will have a huge senior season.

Top Bottom