Colorado ???

cduff

Reaction score
I admit I'm not an expert on the Colorado Buffaloes, so I was surprised to turn on the TV right now and see that they're losing to Toledo, 30-3. What is that about? Toledo just got pasted by Purdue last week.

Dan Hawkins

Should never have left Boise State. He may not last the year in Boulder.

Colorado got killed by Colorado State in week one too. They weren't supposed to be this bad. They were actually considered to be one of four contenders (albeit the darkhorse) in the Big 12 North. Hawkins seat was said to be hot coming in to the season.

Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his late late this season, Hawkins time in Boulder looks to be up.

Brewster has some good success recruiting against Colorado, so this probably is good news for us. I am not sure if Kenny Bell is considering the Buffs, but if he is, his interest in the Gophers is probably going up.

I am afraid that Dan Hawkins days are done and it is just compounded by the fact that his son is the underperforming QB. I am sure they will be able to get a good coach, it is in one of the best cities/areas in the country to live in. It will be interesting to see who might be interested, could Brewster be interested if it is true that his wife misses Denver? I wouldn't see them going that way however, possibly a Turner Gill, Kyle Wittingham, etc.

I am afraid that Dan Hawkins days are done and it is just compounded by the fact that his son is the underperforming QB. I am sure they will be able to get a good coach, it is in one of the best cities/areas in the country to live in. It will be interesting to see who might be interested, could Brewster be interested if it is true that his wife misses Denver? I wouldn't see them going that way however, possibly a Turner Gill, Kyle Wittingham, etc.

Trolling?

Turner Gill actually makes a ton of sense.

Trolling??? Well they sure the hell won't hire a guy

Trolling?

Turner Gill actually makes a ton of sense.

like Brewster who has a 3-13 Big Ten record, so relax.

The Mormon centered coaches are probably not leaving Utah, but the Colorado job is a very good one. Hell, I have not been to Denver in 20 years, but I'd move there in 20 seconds for the right job.

Again, maybe they should just re-hire Gary Barnett. Colorado played much better football under Barnett than under Hawkins. It is not even close. Almost Mason/ Brewster like, but the jury is still out here.

Colorado got killed by Colorado State in week one too. They weren't supposed to be this bad. They were actually considered to be one of four contenders (albeit the darkhorse) in the Big 12 North. Hawkins seat was said to be hot coming in to the season.

Though outside of the fatman's team the Big 12 North is as tough as the MAC.

Though outside of the fatman's team the Big 12 North is as tough as the MAC.

I was in Lincoln last weekend and Nebraska is legit. They'll probably win 9-10 games this season. KU is solid. I didn't expect much out of Mizzou but they looked very good against Illinois last week.

I think the Big 12 North has a good 3 team race, all of which are better than any team in the MAC.

Too bad for Hawkins, seems like a good, likable guy. His son is a terrible QB, though. I missed the end of the game, but heard he took a pretty good shot and might be out. Maybe forcing him out of the lineup will help the Buffs. I'm not sure I've seen a worse defense ever. They couldn't tackle anyone, cover anyone or anything. It was worse than the worst Gophers performance on defense I've ever seen. Glad I'm not a CU fan at heart.

I just moved to Denver this spring and I might never leave here. This might be the greatest place to live in the U.S.

Hawkins reminds me of Dan Monson at Gonzaga. Turns out it may not have been the head coach who was the mastermind, but rather the assistant who takes over.

Hawkins reminds me of Dan Monson at Gonzaga. Turns out it may not have been the head coach who was the mastermind, but rather the assistant who takes over.

Hawkins was the assistant first to Dirk Koetter, who was moderately successful at ASU before being run out of town. He was the one who really made them pretty competitive when they first jumped up and were in the Big West.

Top Bottom