Colorado St Start Time

joekulas12

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when the start time for the Colorado St. game will be announced? Is it usually 2 weeks before? Also, does anyone have any good guesses between an 11 or 2:30 start?

Does anyone have any idea when the start time for the Colorado St. game will be announced? Is it usually 2 weeks before? Also, does anyone have any good guesses between an 11 or 2:30 start?

Could be announced tomorrow, but with the holiday probably will be announced on Tuesday.

Just hope it's not a night game. The Twins play that night and traffic would be crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I are making the trek back to Minneapolis for this game. It will be the first time that my wife sees a game at tcf. I hope it is an afternoon start time. That will give us time to tailgate.

I'm surprised the tickets for this game are still above $20 on Stub Hub. In years past, games like these would have been closer to $10.

I'm surprised the tickets for this game are still above $20 on Stub Hub. In years past, games like these would have been closer to $10.

Just wait it out.

It's after a bye week. Probably won't be announced until next Monday

Forgot about the bye week.

That is because ESPN, under its contracts with conferences, has the right to set kickoff times and wait until 12 days before game day, or in some cases only six, to inform universities.

Every Monday morning during the season, ESPN’s football brain trust meets in a war room in Building 12 on the network’s sprawling campus in Bristol, Conn., to consider options for upcoming games and make sure the hottest teams get the choicest time slots on each of its channels. After decisions are made, calls go out across the country, setting off a scramble on dozens of campuses as universities arrange everything from parking to security to team transportation.

Most everyone else starts conference play that week with a handful of decent match ups including Michigan St vs Wisconsin and Michigan vs Penn St. Northwestern vs Nebraska is the night game on BTN so I doubt it will be at night. It's hard to say what happens. Colorado St got blown out by Colorado so it probably isn't going to be an appealing match up for national broadcast. Maybe we get lucky and we get an afternoon slot on BTN since we're playing a MTN time zone team.

Most everyone else starts conference play that week with a handful of decent match ups including Michigan St vs Wisconsin and Michigan vs Penn St. Northwestern vs Nebraska is the night game on BTN so I doubt it will be at night. It's hard to say what happens. Colorado St got blown out by Colorado so it probably isn't going to be an appealing match up for national broadcast. Maybe we get lucky and we get an afternoon slot on BTN since we're playing a MTN time zone team.

It would be nice if they would just set all the game times before the season started, with the option to change a couple here or there (like the NFL). I haven't seriously looked at buying Colorado State tickets yet because I don't know yet if it will conflict with my kids' activities. I'm guessing there are many others in a similar situation.

It would be nice if they would just set all the game times before the season started, with the option to change a couple here or there (like the NFL). I haven't seriously looked at buying Colorado State tickets yet because I don't know yet if it will conflict with my kids' activities. I'm guessing there are many others in a similar situation.
The good news is tickets will be available

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

11:00 AM according to the tweet just sent out by the U of M.

Funny how inevitable 11 am starts for a game like this are... and yet they wait.

Having said that, yay, I like 11am starts.

Ok, so now that we've got all our 11:00 AM games out of the way, please make Iowa a 2:30 game. Thanks in advance, ESPN! It's our only marquee home game of the year. Just let us enjoy it!

Ok, so now that we've got all our 11:00 AM games out of the way, please make Iowa a 2:30 game. Thanks in advance, ESPN! It's our only marquee home game of the year. Just let us enjoy it!

any potential for it being a night game?

any potential for it being a night game?

I doubt it. Unless we're ranked and undefeated and Iowa is top 10. Then maybe there is a small chance we are the ABC night game?

I'm not sure how the ABC night game is scheduled. There are two big SEC games that weekend that will probably take precedent.

I doubt it. Unless we're ranked and undefeated and Iowa is top 10. Then maybe there is a small chance we are the ABC night game?

I'm not sure how the ABC night game is scheduled. There are two big SEC games that weekend that will probably take precedent.

ABC often doesn't hold SEC rights, but even so I doubt they'd pick lowly Minnesota.

If we win convincingly vs CSU and Penn State, I think there is a chance for a night game, but not likely. I think Iowa will be 2:30pm.

Rutgers-Michigan is an ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 primetime pick that week so ESPN could take one of those SEC games which would limit the options for RU-MI.

Not a fan of 11AM games. Makes them almost impossible to attend with kids' activities on Saturdays. This one will be no different. Afternoon or evening is the way to go!

Not a fan of 11AM games. Makes them almost impossible to attend with kids' activities on Saturdays. This one will be no different. Afternoon or evening is the way to go!

That's why I cancelled my season tickets. My boys play football Saturday mornings.

All Big Ten night games are scheduled in advance of the season with no flexing of games to prime time. So there is no chance of the Iowa game or any other winding up with an evening kickoff at this point.

Edit: I missed Highwayman's post. He's on the money. I'll add that if we want 2:30 and prime time starts, we need to win. Look at our 2015 kickoff times coming off that big 2014 season.

We always get these posts. No games are changed to night games after season starts. NONE.

You missed the point of my post by a mile, but nice try.

Top Bottom