Colorado players required to go to rap concert "to support Shedeur as a rapper" 🤣

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score

From a related article...

"Shedeur Sanders was part of the opening act lineup before Lil Wayne took the stage. He debuted his new single "Perfect Timing" in front of the over-capacity crowd in Boulder. Coach Prime came out with his own single "Must Be The Money II" via Death Row Record two week ago. Neither have picked up a spot on the Billboard 100 charts or received any widespread radio play."

Colorado football: Come for the nonsense.

giphy.gif

Brazen nepotism usually implodes at some point. 2025 might be OK for the Bison. Wheels come off in 2026.

Brazen nepotism usually implodes at some point. 2025 might be OK for the Bison. Wheels come off in 2026.
Deion is becoming a big headache for the CU administration and I wouldn't be shocked if he isn't gone before the end of this season. The wheels are already starting to come off.

The CU Administration got the Blink they wanted. They better develop a taste for crows.

Crow.jpg

I thought this was a home run hire.. I'll eat my crow
I admit, it was a home run on paper and I thought it could have been great for Colorado but it is well on the path to implosion which will occur this year. The wheels will come off.

Not sure we should be saying too much given the new words gopher players have to learn but this definitely takes things to a new level. Thankfully Fleck has toned things down a bit since his first couple years.

Not sure we should be saying too much given the new words gopher players have to learn but this definitely takes things to a new level. Thankfully Fleck has toned things down a bit since his first couple years.
I suspect he hasn’t toned it down as much as just doesn’t share stuff that some people seem allergic to.

Every program has terminology and slogans.....and that is not in the same ballpark of requiring all the players to do something to support your kids non-football activities.

It is going to be very interesting to see what Sanders does after this year when his kids aren't playing anymore. But the whole thing feels like it is imploding after all the hype heading into his first season.

if they win, Deion is "colorful." if they lose, he's a distraction.

winning covers (almost) all sins.

there is some logic to it. in the age of NIL and the transfer portal, having an NFL hall-of-fame player and celebrity as coach raises the team's media profile. that in turn could (in theory) help the team attract higher-level transfers and NIL opportunities.

but for it to work, you have to win games. losing is the only unforgivable sin. the rest is negotiable.

Or, IF Shedeur is a Top 10 Draft pick and the Buffaloes qualify for a Bowl game it was a wildly successful run for the Sanders family and Colorado.

Gary Vee says attention is the most important thing in this era...Deion is the KING of attention in college football. They do have to win 6 games this year to quiet some critics.

Maybe no matter what...but especially if they qualify for a Bowl game I would guess Deion will retire

Regarding the concert it was part of the their Spring Game Black and Gold Weekend over a month ago. Basically, it was part of a team activity with their fans....I doubt it was presented as Shedeur is performing you gotta attend and much more so a team activity with their fans.

Last edited:

Or, IF Shedeur is a Top 10 Draft pick and the Buffaloes qualify for a Bowl game it was a wildly successful run for the Sanders family and Colorado.

Gary Vee says attention is the most important thing in this era...Deion is the KING of attention in college football. They do have to win 6 games this year to quiet some critics.

Maybe no matter what...but especially if they qualify for a Bowl game I would guess Deion will retire
I can't imagine any football team wanting to draft a cancer type player that will also have to deal with daddy issues.

I still don't think it was a bad decision to hire him. It was worth the shot with how bad Colorado was. They really had nothing to lose.
Part of me is wondering how much fallout from this entire fiasco will persist and affect the program's ability to generate any momentum in the long run after he's gone. I think it's entirely possible that they had as much to lose as they did to gain by hiring him considering how this is panning out. Not to mention, how many rules are being violated by Deion and staff right now that won't come to light until he's out the door, a la Pete Carroll? I may end up being wrong, but this is looking worse and worse every day it goes on.

If he came in with his swagger but actually tried to run the program efficiently, this wouldn't be a conversation and it could've ended up being a really interesting story. But Colorado has been absolutely nothing but an advertising platform for these assholes with the last name of Sanders.

Part of me is wondering how much fallout from this entire fiasco will persist and affect the program's ability to generate any momentum in the long run after he's gone. I think it's entirely possible that they had as much to lose as they did to gain by hiring him considering how this is panning out. Not to mention, how many rules are being violated by Deion and staff right now that won't come to light until he's out the door, a la Pete Carroll? I may end up being wrong, but this is looking worse and worse every day it goes on.

If he came in with his swagger but actually tried to run the program efficiently, this wouldn't be a conversation and it could've ended up being a really interesting story. But Colorado has been absolutely nothing but an advertising platform for these assholes with the last name of Sanders.
You’re probably not wrong. I think there was just as good of chance of failure with just about any hire they make. This was outside the box and had a chance to be good. It clearly hasn’t been though.

I really hate Gary Vee.

Not to mention, how many rules are being violated by Deion and staff right now that won't come to light until he's out the door, a la Pete Carroll? I may end up being wrong, but this is looking worse and worse every day it goes on.

What rules? Nothing is enforced anymore. But I think it's been obvious from the start that Deion is only coaching to get his kids noticed. He's gone after that.

Regarding the concert it was part of the their Spring Game Black and Gold Weekend over a month ago. Basically, it was part of a team activity with their fans....I doubt it was presented as Shedeur is performing you gotta attend and much more so a team activity with their fans.
As HR once told a coworker "It's not mandatory, it's required."

Top Bottom