CollegeRPI.com bumps Gophers up to a #7 seed

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Jerry Palm updated his bracket Thursday morning. Has Gophers as the #7 seed in the West playing #10 Dayton in Kansas City.

His projections for the Metrodome are:

#2 Louisville vs. #15 North Dakota State
#7 Utah vs. #10 Maryland

#3 Kansas vs. #14 Weber State
#6 Butler vs. #11 Michigan

At this point Palm has the Big Ten with a bracket-leading 8 bids. Do you think the TV, newspaper & shock radio wonks would have a go at that?

Palm's last 4 in are Creighton, Michigan, Penn State and Rhode Island.

His first 4 out are Florida, Miami-Florida, Providence and San Diego State.

ND State playing here could be a nice boost for them. Not the easiest 2-15 game for Louisville if that happens.

SS,

What were the Badgers seeded? I know we lost on purpose to drop from the 8-9 game to the 10-11 seed range. :)

GV, Palm has Badgers as #9 seed in Midwest Region playing #8 Texas A&M in Dayton.

Good lord, we lose the damn game and can't even get out of the 8-9 game?

IF the Big Ten gets 8, there is going to be an uproar.

I think you guys have a chance to bury Michigan.

The Big 10 and the possibility of 8 bids

I'm parts tickled pink & exceedingly nervous about the propsect of the Big 10 getting 8 bids, more likely 7. Tickled pink because it's going to piss the hell out of the likes of ESPN, Jim Calhoun, Coach K(ooky), lead ACC whiner Seth Greenberg and ACC sycophants like Mike Patrick.

But with that goes the pressure for Big 10 teams to deliver to their seedings and beyond in the NCAA Tournament. I get the feeling more so than ever before there will be immense pressure on the Big 10 -- the media's favorite whipping boy (sometimes deserved, but quite often not) -- to deliver a strong showing in the NCAAs, especially with, admittedly, some of the disgustingly ugly games we've had this season.

SS, how close to a lock are the gophers now? If we lose to Michigan and the first game of the BTT where does that put us?

And another question for whoever, if we win against Michigan and make it to the BTT title game, how high of a seed could we possibly get? 6? 5?

In another note, is Kentucky surely out of the tourney now? As in they have to win the SEC tourney to gain a NCAA nod?

"how close to a lock are the gophers now?"

If we beat Michigan, IMO we're a lock.

"If we lose to Michigan and the first game of the BTT where does that put us?"

Depends on how all the other bubble teams perform in their conference tournaments, especially the marginal bubble teams. We'd be on the bubble, no doubt, maybe in the 50-50 range. That's just a guess.

"is Kentucky surely out of the tourney now?"

I think Kentucky now has to win the SEC tourney, but to be safe I haven't completely ruled out the Wildcats as an at-large. Maybe if they win at Florida, then get to the finals of the SEC? Even that's a stretch. The stench from that home loss to Georgia is straight out of a porta-potty from your local golf course.

Top Bottom