College Gameday piece - Minnesota Maintaining Direction

GopherLady

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been posted...there are just a few thousand extra posts to sift through now that we're 8-2 :). If you were on campus all day like we were yesterday, there's a good chance you missed this. Nice piece on Claeys and Kill by Sam Steele Ponder.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9949876&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Also some love on ESPN College Football Final including the three amigos chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...."

If only they could edit in the post-game Jerry Kill dancing...that would make it even better!

If only they could edit in the post-game Jerry Kill dancing...that would make it even better!

I think there's even more to the Minnesota Story than Football. ESPN is always trying to appeal to larger audiences. The WOMEN's teams are doing great! #1 Danceteam and #1 Hockey Team. You've got yourself a pretty captivating piece on Gopher Athletics.

“@CollegeGameDay: Most Impressive Teams Week 9 (via @KirkHerbstreit)
1 FSU
2 Bama
3 S.Carolina
4 Ohio St
5 Oklahoma
6 MSU
7 Texas
8 Oregon
9 Minn
10 Houston”

I apologize if this has already been posted...there are just a few thousand extra posts to sift through now that we're 8-2 :). If you were on campus all day like we were yesterday, there's a good chance you missed this. Nice piece on Claeys and Kill by Sam Steele Ponder.

Very nice piece, thanks for posting. Not often that you watch one of these "human interest" stories from a ESPN and you wish they were longer.

They showed the "dance" on the recap show with Holtz and company. Replayed today. They mentioned us, being the "best story" in college football, but also admitted thstse are good.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9949876&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

I watched that on Game Day on Saturday, and something else everyone will agree on: Samantha Steele Ponder has to be twins, because one woman could not be that gorgeous.

I watched that on Game Day on Saturday, and something else everyone will agree on: Samantha Steele Ponder has to be twins, because one woman could not be that gorgeous.

Even as a straight woman, I can admit she's stunning, and very likable too. I'm a big fan of hers.

Even as a straight woman, I can admit she's stunning, and very likable too. I'm a big fan of hers.

Well, GL, I do have some class in whom I admire. :)

As a grey-bearded Senior Citizen, I have admired many.

Damn, nice piece. Jerry and Tracey sure seems like the real deal, a rare thing.

My favorite part was Jerry going off at the official. I love a guy with some spirit.

I was watching College Football Final Drive (?) on ESPN (Sunday college football show on ESPN), and Reece, Lou and Mark May started chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" after they showed our win over Penn State and the clip of coach dancing in the locker room. Was pretty cool to see! :)

EDIT: I see all of this was summed up in about 3 posts. Whoops, should have read the full thread. Sorry. :(

Rece mentioned "they" (meaning the trio) did (play-by-play coverage) of Jerry at NIU. He didn't mention that he covered Kill's hiring and first 2 seasons as a HC at Saginaw Valley. I think Rece is a good dude and would like to see Kill succeed.

Top Bottom