College Gameday Michigan game

gophersfan

Reaction score
Chances that ESPN College Gameday make another trip to Minneapolis for the Oct 24th Michigan game. Good chance i would think. Not a real good slate of games for them to go on the schedule that day.

Even better chance now that Texas and Baylor lost. The only other game that would be a potential landing spot is the Alabama Tennessee game. I think the VOLS will lose this next week against Georiga so then that leaves Michigan and Minnesota as the marquee matchup.

The more I think of it, the more this makes sense. There will be a lot of excitement surrounding the return of the B1G, and that will make a Gameday visit to a B1G campus more likely that weekend. If that is true, breaking down the opening weekend of B1G games clearly marks the Michigan/Minnesota tilt as the most attractive game. Both teams ranked. A famous historic trophy in play. It seems like a no-brainer. I'd argue even more likely than getting Gameday for the Wisconsin game last November.

Of course, two days prior to the game something will happen like 30 players for Michigan test Covid positive and the game will be cancelled. I'm just too worn down by being an all-sport-league Minnesota sports fan to not worry about something.

The Daily Gopher is reporting that the MN vs MI game will be on Fox or Fs1. That might put a damper on Game day.

The Daily Gopher is reporting that the MN vs MI game will be on Fox or Fs1. That might put a damper on Game day.
Gameday has gone to many games in the past that were not being broadcasted by ESPN or their affiliates, this was covered last year during the gameday talk I believe.

(Taken from post 11!)
What time/channel should we expect Minnesota/Michigan?
Everything we already know above leaves the following possibilities for Minnesota:

• The Gophers play at 3:00 pm CT on FOX. This feels like the most likely outcome. Why? The afternoon slot feels likely because I don’t see Fox choosing to schedule a marquee Week 1 Big Ten game to go up against the World Series. FOX Sports wants all the eyeballs they can get on that. Broadcast FOX feels likely as the channel because it’s a game worthy of broadcast FOX eyeballs, not FS1.
  • The game is at 2:00/2:30 pm CT on FS1. Second most likely outcome. Again, FOX isn’t going to counter program the World Series versus one of the biggest games it’s got that day. And if the Gophers and Wolverines do play in the afternoon but not on FOX, that leaves FS1.
  • We get a night game at 6:00/7:00 pm CT on FS1. I really don’t expect this.

Last edited:

The more I think of it, the more this makes sense. There will be a lot of excitement surrounding the return of the B1G, and that will make a Gameday visit to a B1G campus more likely that weekend. If that is true, breaking down the opening weekend of B1G games clearly marks the Michigan/Minnesota tilt as the most attractive game. Both teams ranked. A famous historic trophy in play. It seems like a no-brainer. I'd argue even more likely than getting Gameday for the Wisconsin game last November.

Of course, two days prior to the game something will happen like 30 players for Michigan test Covid positive and the game will be cancelled. I'm just too worn down by being an all-sport-league Minnesota sports fan to not worry about something.
We got this! Let’s go!!!!

As a Minnesota Fan; here's how it feels:

Going to post this here. But don't believe what the article said.

here is the article.

in the article there a lot of errors. They list a EPL match as airing on FS1. that not right. that match is airing on either NBC or NBCSN. I fully think Michigan/Minnesota end up in primetime on ABC.

What time/channel should we expect Minnesota/Michigan?
Everything we already know above leaves the following possibilities for Minnesota:

• The Gophers play at 3:00 pm CT on FOX. This feels like the most likely outcome. Why? The afternoon slot feels likely because I don’t see Fox choosing to schedule a marquee Week 1 Big Ten game to go up against the World Series. FOX Sports wants all the eyeballs they can get on that. Broadcast FOX feels likely as the channel because it’s a game worthy of broadcast FOX eyeballs, not FS1.
  • The game is at 2:00/2:30 pm CT on FS1. Second most likely outcome. Again, FOX isn’t going to counter program the World Series versus one of the biggest games it’s got that day. And if the Gophers and Wolverines do play in the afternoon but not on FOX, that leaves FS1.
  • We get a night game at 6:00/7:00 pm CT on FS1. I really don’t expect this.
I'd be pretty surprised if the Minnesota/Michigan game isn't on ABC or ESPN. Fox took the Ohio State/Nebraska game and I believe ABC/ESPN would have the next pick. Hard to believe it wouldn't be Minnesota/Michigan.

Correct, Fox and ESPN go back and forth each week on getting to pick first on which Big Ten game they want, then the other picks second, and so on. That was my understanding of the split deal for the first tier rights between FOX and ESPN.

FOX has already made its first pick of Nebraska @ Ohio State, so I would be shocked if Mich@Gophers wasn't on ESPN/ABC as their top pick for the week.

If we do have College Gameday, let's hold a protest at the Bank during the game. Open the gates, let everybody in.

Hey all- Long time no posts... Do we have any idea when we will get word on a gametime? I also was under the understanding the Big Ten was leaving other days of the week in play (specifically Thursdays and Fridays) as they intentionally put out the schedule listing games as "week of"?

Gameday is going to Bama next week so that probably improves our chances if they don't want to cover them two weeks in a row.

1. Michigan @ Minnesota
  2. Iowa State @ OK State
  3. Cincinnati @ SMU
  4. Penn State @ Indiana
  5. Alabama @ TN
  6. Louisiana @ UAB

Game day here- recapping the mn mi misery. I am not sure I want to relive that via corso. Claeys and the QB sneak..........smh.

As Fleck says, "We are not going back to that." GopherNation lets go! Everything has aligned for us to have a shot at playing to go to the playoffs. There is not a game on the schedule that we don't have a chance at winning, and I feel good about all of the games.

1. Michigan @ Minnesota
  2. Iowa State @ OK State
  3. Cincinnati @ SMU
  4. Penn State @ Indiana
  5. Alabama @ TN
  6. Louisiana @ UAB

I would say Gameday coming to MN is an above 50% chance with what has taken place. Only game that would even be close is the IA St, and OK St. game.

Update:
#2 - no momentum for this game as OSU game postponed.
#3 - SMU will not go up by much if at all with tight win against Tulane.
#5 - TN lost to KY - intrigue of game gone.
#6 - LA lost

I would say Gameday coming to MN is an above 50% chance with what has taken place. Only game that would even be close is the IA St, and OK St. game.

Update:
#2 - no momentum for this game as OSU game postponed.
#3 - SMU will not go up by much if at all with tight win against Tulane.
#5 - TN lost to KY - intrigue of game gone.
#6 - LA lost

I’d guess with Herbstreit announcing our game it’s pretty good odds for Minneapolis. Would be a close call to get him from Iowa to Minneapolis in a few hours.

Top Bottom