College Football News: Where every Big Ten team lands in College Football News updated bowl projections

I make off season bowl predictions when I am not in the backyard practicing unassisted triple plays.
nice.....I may get motivated enough at some point to track all the different bowl projections because they crack me up. I mean over the course of the year we will be tied to a ton of different bowl games and bowl opponents because the truth of it is they are just throwing darts at a board at this point knowing nobody is going to care if they are wrong and hoping they can tout being right at some point down the line.

I realize this is not the most prestigious bowl game, but just for the curiosity factor, it might be fun to watch a game played in Yankee Stadium.

as long as they are not playing on a temporary "slip and slide" playing surface like last year's bowl game fiasco.

I realize this is not the most prestigious bowl game, but just for the curiosity factor, it might be fun to watch a game played in Yankee Stadium.

as long as they are not playing on a temporary "slip and slide" playing surface like last year's bowl game fiasco.
You think it might be cool to play a bowl game in one of the smaller baseball park configurations in one of the most dangerous areas of the country in late December in a cold climate? Pass!!!

You think it might be cool to play a bowl game in one of the smaller baseball park configurations in one of the most dangerous areas of the country in late December in a cold climate? Pass!!!

It's not supposed to be very dangerous at all these days. When it comes to big city neighborhoods, a lot can change in thirty years.

It's not supposed to be very dangerous at all these days. When it comes to big city neighborhoods, a lot can change in thirty years.
Not supposed to be? Or is not?

3 million people attend Yankees games every year. You'll be fine.
Could be that people who actually live there have the most knowledge. Would explain why more than half of American cities, led by New York and San Francisco, are losing population.

I understand that New York City is going to roll out a new crime prevention system featuring robots called ED-209. Once they work out a few glitches.

Seriously, all I said was that it would be interesting to me - as a baseball fan - to see the Gophers play in Yankee Stadium.

maybe, just to be safe, the Gophers should go 5-7. then they don't have to worry about visiting some crime-ridden hell-hole in order to play in a meaningless bowl game, where all of the NFL hopefuls will be sitting out to avoid injury. Wouldn't that be better?

What's about the shitty weather and a venue barely adequate for football though? Nothing about the Pinstripe Bowl appeals to me.
I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about crime at or around the Pinstripe Bowl. New York City is very safe for such a large city. But it's the worst weather of all possible bowl games, the worst venue (as a football stadium) and probably the most expensive trip as well. It's kind of oddly timed just floating in between Xmas and NYD. Plus I think the Gophers can get a game higher on the list in 2022.

I'm hoping for a Florida game for the Gophers, because it will be in my backyard and will probably mean the team had a good season.

What's about the shitty weather and a venue barely adequate for football though? Nothing about the Pinstripe Bowl appeals to me.
I agree with you about the weather and the lack of prestige of the bowl. I wouldn't ever go to the pinstripe bowl. But not due to crime.

Could be that people who actually live there have the most knowledge. Would explain why more than half of American cities, led by New York and San Francisco, are losing population.
That's a phenomenon with many causes. Crime is just a small part of that puzzle. Don't want to get into it here though.

That's a phenomenon with many causes. Crime is just a small part of that puzzle. Don't want to get into it here though.
Just a part, but not a small part. But you're right, that's apart from Gopher football.

I just don't get it. The Gophers should be projected at 8 wins right now.

If they were playing every team next Saturday then they would be favored against everyone not named Michigan State, Penn State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

They would be _heavy_ (e.g., 14+ point) favorites against NMSU, WIU, Colorado, Rutgers, and Northwestern. Why did Vegas set the win total at 7 wins? Why are pundits projecting Minnesota to end up in a bottom-barrel bowl game? It doesn't make sense.

Minnesota should be a one-score dog to MSU, PSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. There is not a single game that they aren't capable of winning this year. Expectations are too low for this team.

The Gophers _should_ win 8 games. Given what I've seen from Fleck + Ciarrocca + Rossi trio, I wouldn't be shocked if they end up undefeated.

They would be _heavy_ (e.g., 14+ point) favorites against NMSU, WIU, Colorado, Rutgers, and Northwestern. Why did Vegas set the win total at 7 wins? Why are pundits projecting Minnesota to end up in a bottom-barrel bowl game? It doesn't make sense.

We did just go to the Guaranteed Rate bowl after an 8-4 regular season record, a bowl we used to go to after scraping by into bowl eligibility at 6-6, so maybe they're predicting we get caught in another jumble of 8-4 and 9-3 teams (or 7-5 in Penn State's case), get picked over for the Citrus and Outback Bowls, and end up again getting the worst bowl game that we could reasonably get placed in.

If they were playing every team next Saturday then they would be favored against everyone not named Michigan State, Penn State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

Minnesota should be a one-score dog to MSU, PSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. There is not a single game that they aren't capable of winning this year. Expectations are too low for this team.

The Gophers _should_ win 8 games. Given what I've seen from Fleck + Ciarrocca + Rossi trio, I wouldn't be shocked if they end up undefeated.

on the surface:
Gophers lost 4 of 5 starting OL and best blocking TE.
Gophers lost 6 of top 8 players in DL rotation.
Top 3 returning RB's are all coming off injuries - 2 off serious injuries. Lost 2 good RB's to portal.

from a national perspective, people look at that and have questions about how the Gophers will fill the holes on both lines of scrimmage and deal with the RB situation.

You and I and other people on this board are more familiar with the Gophers' roster and we are probably more optimistic about the ability of the new/younger players who will be moving into the starting lineups and 2-deeps.

But I really am not surprised that other people view the Gophers with more skepticism.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about crime at or around the Pinstripe Bowl. New York City is very safe for such a large city. But it's the worst weather of all possible bowl games, the worst venue (as a football stadium) and probably the most expensive trip as well. It's kind of oddly timed just floating in between Xmas and NYD. Plus I think the Gophers can get a game higher on the list in 2022.

I'm hoping for a Florida game for the Gophers, because it will be in my backyard and will probably mean the team had a good season.
Depending on how long you stay not most expensive

You can get a cheap New York flight and avoid a rental car if you really want to

Not all bowl games are in cities with major airports and public transit

I would never go to the Pinstripe Bowl due to the weather. If you pass because you're worried about crime you're either 85 or a Fox News viewer.
How about a 38% increase in violet crimes. Thanks. But not going.

Top Bottom