College Basketball has permanently changed

I know this is football but the point remains. Kids are happy at a place and the big boys just call anyway. The ncaa is to weak, fragile, stupid to stop this but this should not be a thing. Suspect this happens A LOT.

I know this is football but the point remains. Kids are happy at a place and the big boys just call anyway. The ncaa is to weak, fragile, stupid to stop this but this should not be a thing. Suspect this happens A LOT.
Tampering isn't good, but to survive this game, all programs need to have their eyes open to possibilities long before the portal window opens. No coach with any common sense is going to starting at zero at the end of the season. They need to know who they can target and be ready to recruit as soon as the guy gets in the portal. The system is breeding tampering, and it is hard to blame coaches whose current rosters can ditch them in a week from wanting to be prepared.

I guess nothing brings out honesty like retirement. Says a lot about the character of Toledo's Quinyon Mitchell though.

In the world of college sports in 2024, only fans are expected to be loyal. On top of that, if you want your team full of traitors to be competitive, you better be contributing to the wages of the traitors. Then, as soon as the season ends the traitors will begin to figure out which team they can transfer to in order to make the most money possible. You'll have to replace them with new traitors.

In the world of college sports in 2024, only fans are expected to be loyal. On top of that, if you want your team full of traitors to be competitive, you better be contributing to the wages of the traitors. Then, as soon as the season ends the traitors will begin to figure out which team they can transfer to in order to make the most money possible. You'll have to replace them with new traitors.
Well said, and in layman’s terms.

Top Bottom