College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

High scorer this past weekend (I think) was Bryce Hamilton of UNLV. The 6'4" guard put up 45 in their 88-74 win at Colorado State. 8-14 from 3 and got 11 points at the line. Has averaged 32.5 in the last 4 games.

I really don’t understand why they don’t just tell Gabe to stop shooting 3s. Moving back the 3pt line destroyed his %, but he’s still a net positive. Can’t help but think he’d be better off focusing on other things he brings to the table.

Loyola in a tough one with Drake. Down 50-46 with a little under 9 left.

Now 63-52
Over 77-68

Darian DeVries with 86 wins now, in this his 4th season, at Drake.

Last edited:

I really don’t understand why they don’t just tell Gabe to stop shooting 3s. Moving back the 3pt line destroyed his %, but he’s still a net positive. Can’t help but think he’d be better off focusing on other things he brings to the table.
What is crazy is I looked at his game logs. Had a 2 game stretch in mid January against Kansas and Texas where he went 10-21 from 3. But outside of those two games it has been super rough for him all year from 3. For example, has played 4 games since those 2 and has gone: 2 for 23 from 3pt range. So he clearly has the ability to make the shot but is super inconsistent.

Has started every game for them and assume he brings a lot of value on the defensive end but he is pretty mediocre at this point on offense. Shooting 24% from 3 and hitting under 70% of his free throws.

Teams on a 10 game or longer win streak

Auburn Tigers-17 (20-1) host Alabama tomorrow
Boise State Broncos-14 (17-4) @ Wyoming on the 3rd
Wagner Seahawks-13 (14-2) Could run off 7 more before @ Bryant
UNC Wilmington Seahawks-11 (14-5)
Murray State Racers-10 (20-2) @ Morehead and Belmont ahead
South Dakota State Jackrabbits-10 (19-4) @ ORU on the 24th could be a big game
Houston Cougars-10 (18-2) Have to get thru @ Cincinnati and @ SMU
Gonzaga Bulldogs-10 (17-2) Will they lose in conference?
Jacksonville State Gamecocks-10 (15-6) Next big game is @ Bellarmine on the 20th

Colorado State @ Wyoming on FS1 this eve. Nico Medved obviously doing a great job, but Jeff Linder has also turned Wyoming around, and more impressive as he lost Marcus Williams to Texas A&M prior to this season and hasn't missed a beat.

Really sparse crowd for Iowa @ Penn State game. 34-32 at half, Iowa up

Detroit Mercy must be resting the nation's leading scorer, Antoine Davis, against an over matched Michigan-Dearborn

Last edited:

Wow. Keegan Murray has been absent all game. Iowa launches a three for the win at Penn State.....somehow Murray tips the miss in right before the buzzer to send it to OT. Crazy.

Colorado State @ Wyoming on FS1 this eve. Nico Medved obviously doing a great job, but Jeff Linder has also turned Wyoming around, and more impressive as he lost Marcus Williams to Texas A&M prior to this season and hasn't missed a beat.
Good game as expected.

Saw two of the worst offensive foul calls late in the game. One on Roddy, one on Ike. Both gave them their 4th foul. Offensive fouls are called way too often.

Iowa’s always going to keep you in the game with the defense they play. Winnable game in Iowa City now that we’ve got some guys healthy.

I swear, these teams now seem to almost have bigger staffs than players. Lot of assistants, etc

Maldanado with 35. They really use him well. (Although he made some bad decisions on passes into Ike) Colorado State with 17 turnovers.

11 straight wins for South Dakota State. Beat North Dakota 70-64. Schelerman led in points, rebounds and assists for them tonight.

Boy am I glad that Pitino is gone. Watching his New Mexico team play is painful. It's basically Mashburn Jr. and Jaleen House playing hero ball on offense and that's it.

Top Bottom