Coleman Bryson?

bamor5229

Reaction score
I realize he plays behind our best player on defense, but I haven’t seen any stats for Bryson during the season thus far. He looked so good during our bowl game last year but maybe he is being redshirted. Anyone know if he has been injured or if he’s just taking a redshirt year? TIA

Last edited:

Bryson was a stud in the bowl game last year. Maybe Jack Henderson is getting his reps?

Little surprised he hasn’t gotten any more tick on D considering Gousby and Green have been relatively weak in coverage this year
He's competing more with Green and Henderson.

As far as Gousby, he has a really tough job and is expected to cover a lot of ground (especially because Nubin is playing less centerfield this year). If you're in that position and you make the tiniest mistake, you're under a spotlight. You are also usually the closest person to someone else's mistake (so if the CB doesn't drop deep enough, it might seem like Gousby was late in coming over, etc.).

I am not making excuses, he has had some issues but that's just a really tough spot. I really like how he still plays really fast.

He's competing more with Green and Henderson.

As far as Gousby, he has a really tough job and is expected to cover a lot of ground (especially because Nubin is playing less centerfield this year). If you're in that position and you make the tiniest mistake, you're under a spotlight. You are also usually the closest person to someone else's mistake (so if the CB doesn't drop deep enough, it might seem like Gousby was late in coming over, etc.).

I am not making excuses, he has had some issues but that's just a really tough spot. I really like how he still plays really fast.

Great post on Gousby. I think it’s similar to how Howden was. He’ll be good because of the reps and struggles this year. Just takes some seasoning.

Not to knock the kid, but he blew the punt return coverage.

A lot of guys stopped running or slowed down on that due to the hand waving.
Yeah, ya figure that when the long snapper, Brady Weeks, is the first man down... the others have held up because they recognized the invalid flailing of the arm.

Bryson backs up Nubin; tough to get playing time this year. He’ll be drinking from a firehouse next year.

Yeah, ya figure that when the long snapper, Brady Weeks, is the first man down... the others have held up because they recognized the invalid flailing of the arm.
And that's a very good point that has not previously been mentioned.

He was one of the players who let up when Iowa tried to cheat on that punt return.
The more that I think about it the more I think that this is correct. If a player (at the D1level) let's up for just 1/2 a count, they are out of position. That's what I now believe happened. Go Gophers.

Top Bottom