Cole Kramer

Of course you are correct, we haven't seen enough. None of us knows for sure what coaches think or have planned. But, what I am suggesting is that Kramer's wildcat package is being expanded to see more passing from different parts of the field and different situations.

Green came in for short yardage power runs, usually near the goal line. It worked because Seth had size and power.

Kramer is different. He is an actual QB who is also an excellent runner. They can bring him in anywhere on the field and leave him there to run an entire series of downs.

And I just wonder if there is a situation, say in the 4th quarter of a tight game, where Tanner is hurt that you wouldn't go with the guy who has already run ten or so snaps in the game and has been playing every game since very early in the year, rather than bringing in a guy who has not had meaningful game experience since 2018.

Without knowing anything about the inside planning I am just guessing Kramer would be our No. 2 in that situation.
ZA5 is most likely getting the backup reps in practice so I would assume he'd take Morgan's reps and Kramer would keep his -- unless in your scenario where we're up and need to run clock late in the 4th or can theoretically wildcat out way into the yards we need to score. I doubt Kramer is practicing running our full offense whereas I assume Zack is.

ZA5 is most likely getting the backup reps in practice so I would assume he'd take Morgan's reps and Kramer would keep his -- unless in your scenario where we're up and need to run clock late in the 4th or can theoretically wildcat out way into the yards we need to score. I doubt Kramer is practicing running our full offense whereas I assume Zack is.
I wonder about that too. Since Kramer is actually playing and his role seems to be expanding, I assume he may be getting more focus in practice than Zach.

If Tanner gets sick mid-week and it's a question of who will start Saturday I would not be surprised to see Zack. But if Tanner goes down and Kramer has been in several times during game, I think they stay with him.

I wonder about that too. Since Kramer is actually playing and his role seems to be expanding, I assume he may be getting more focus in practice than Zach.

If Tanner gets sick mid-week and it's a question of who will start Saturday I would not be surprised to see Zack. But if Tanner goes down and Kramer has been in several times during game, I think they stay with him.

Do we have the lead or not?
If we have the lead, we'll just keep Kramer in there. But if we want to run a passing offense, ZA would be the choice. Some still felt ZA was out-performing Tanner and has the better deep arm. But no change is coming as long as Tanner is healthy.

I would guess most of the focus on Kramer in practice is for very specific formations. I'd guess he is battling with Clark and Kaliakmanis for #3. IMO, I think the amount of run Kramer is getting as a wildcat QB is more evidence he is not the backup.

What about his wildcattery tells you that we'd be able to run a capable offense for 3 plus quarters? I'm with you if he's getting the backup reps in practice, but otherwise it's just a single package.

For the life of me I have no idea why PJ wants these statue guys in this power running offense. Statues like Morgan and Annextad bring nothing to the table 80% of your plays. A true run threat QB would really help a ton. Kramer makes sense completely over Zack

The thing I love about the Kamer wildcat package is that Tanner goes off the field. I hated that he stayed out there with the Green Line as it was just a wasted player lined up at WR who only keeps one DB mostly out of the play.

The pass by Kramer was a great call and now opposing defenses have to keep that in mind when Kramer is on the field. Yes the throw itself wasn't great, but he got it there and you can bet he was nervous as well which might have caused him to short it a little. Either way, defenses have to respect the fact that he is a legit QB who might put it in the air and isn't just going to run everytime.

There is a lot of potential with this new look wildcat package.

Do we have the lead or not?
If we have the lead, we'll just keep Kramer in there. But if we want to run a passing offense, ZA would be the choice. Some still felt ZA was out-performing Tanner and has the better deep arm. But no change is coming as long as Tanner is healthy.
Lead or not, it's a close game in doubt. You are assuming Kramer would only be used to kill clock. I am suspecting he's being developed to do more.

For the life of me I have no idea why PJ wants these statue guys in this power running offense. Statues like Morgan and Annextad bring nothing to the table 80% of your plays. A true run threat QB would really help a ton. Kramer makes sense completely over Zack
Kramer makes sense over others only if he can throw and command offense. I think we are seeing that develop. He is getting this shot because he's a dual threat athlete, not a brute short yardage guy like Seth.

The thing I love about the Kamer wildcat package is that Tanner goes off the field. I hated that he stayed out there with the Green Line as it was just a wasted player lined up at WR who only keeps one DB mostly out of the play.

The pass by Kramer was a great call and now opposing defenses have to keep that in mind when Kramer is on the field. Yes the throw itself wasn't great, but he got it there and you can bet he was nervous as well which might have caused him to short it a little. Either way, defenses have to respect the fact that he is a legit QB who might put it in the air and isn't just going to run everytime.

There is a lot of potential with this new look wildcat package.
Can you picture where it's early 2nd quarter, 2nd and three from our own 38 ... Kramer comes in, defense bunches in because wildcat runs for three yards. Corner cheats in and CRAB is gone. Kramer takes two steps toward line, steps back and mails the package to CRAB.

This is not the Seth wildcat.

I wouldnt say Kramer has looked good. Hes much better at being a wildcat package than was having Potts back there simply bc he can throw.

the QB room is going to be busy after this year, expect some transfers for sure. As much as I wish Clark would have gotten more opportunities, I think he’s gone.

For the person asking about Cole's senior year stats at EP, I found this. I can't vouch for it's accuracy but it sounds about right. I remember the 19/0 TD to Interception ratio.

Based on what?

Can you picture where it's early 2nd quarter, 2nd and three from our own 38 ... Kramer comes in, defense bunches in because wildcat runs for three yards. Corner cheats in and CRAB is gone. Kramer takes two steps toward line, steps back and mails the package to CRAB.

This is not the Seth wildcat.
This picture also has not happened.

Lead or not, it's a close game in doubt. You are assuming Kramer would only be used to kill clock. I am suspecting he's being developed to do more.
That's fair, but there's not a shred of evidence to support your assertion.

Since you have Kramer's passing stats, what was EP's per game rushing average, 300 +/-? He did not have to throw like many of the contemporary spread/RPO QB's who aired it out as their primary team offense. My recollection is that he was north of 70% completion rate his senior year. The point I tried to make originally in this thread is that the fake on the long 56 yd TD pulled three Nebraska defenders as a result of his prior runs and his option TD pass. They had to pay attention to him in that sequence and it allowed our OL to open up the gates for the long run .
69% completion, on 174 attempts for 1795 yd with 13 touchdowns and 0 picks

Is he definitely going to start next year over Athan? Really don’t want athan to transfer if he’s not starting

Lots of assumptions here so as you said above "there's not a shred of evidence to support your assertion"

Lots of assumptions here so as you said above "there's not a shred of evidence to support your assertion"
There is a shred for my claims. The backup normally gets the garbage time reps -- and Annexstad got those at Colorado. Burns said in the lead up to the season that Zack was the back up. I get you are trying to be glib -- but we literally have no evidence that Kramer is our backup -- but have multiple pieces that point to Zack . . .

Just wanted to start a discussion lol
I would doubt (I grant that this is an assumption based on not even scant evidence), that Athan isn't transferring if a junior or senior is starting over him next year. We haven't seen many players that come into this program and transfer right away because they are not starting. I concede that quarterbacks are a different animal and the one that does come to mind is Vicious Vic -- but he was behind two freshman which isn't this case.

I found myself yelling at the tv a couple times....Just run the offense....I think Kramer is a nice twist sometimes, the less the better for me.

Have you watched a Gopher game this year?
🙄 He has played the exact same role as Seth Green -- even thrown a pass. What, pray tell, have you seen in watching Gopher games that makes you suspect he's being developed into more than our wildcat quarterback?

Top Bottom