Cole Kramer

Gopher 461

Reaction score
Ghers need to give Cole Kramer some ink. Great play for his first passing TD. I believe his fake late in the game turned our RB loose for the TD run, as three Cornhuskers followed him to his right and our RB zipped up the field on the left hand side of the field. Minnesota coaches must have respect for Cole or they wouldn't put him in such high pressure situations.

Ghers need to give Cole Kramer some ink. Great play for his first passing TD. I believe his fake late in the game turned our RB loose for the TD run, as three Cornhuskers followed him to his right and our RB zipped up the field on the left hand side of the field. Minnesota coaches must have respect for Cole or they wouldn't put him in such high pressure situations.
I love that they threw it in that spot, it was a great call. But the throw was not exactly a thing of beauty. Almost missed a wide open BSF, who made a great catch going back for the ball. More snaps means more experience and more confidence though. It's good that someone is getting some snaps, regardless of the situation.

I love that they threw it in that spot, it was a great call. But the throw was not exactly a thing of beauty. Almost missed a wide open BSF, who made a great catch going back for the ball. More snaps means more experience and more confidence though. It's good that someone is getting some snaps, regardless of the situation.
Agree that the toss wasn't a thing of beauty but he threw it and our guy caught it for a TD. I, too, would like to see more passing from Cole. He was very accurate in HS, particularly on bootlegs off of running formations..

It was a great play. Having him run most of the time set that up nicely.

Tanner tho had like 17 in a row?

Hard to decisions to swap out a hot hand.

It was a great play. Having him run most of the time set that up nicely.

Tanner tho had like 17 in a row?

Hard to decisions to swap out a hot hand.
I wasn't suggesting a swap out of Morgan. I think Kramer would be very effective if allowed to run a true RPO other than in the red zone. The play fake resulting in the long TD run was an example. Cole was a very good ball handler in a deceptive run heavy HS offense.

I wasn't suggesting a swap out of Morgan. I think Kramer would be very effective if allowed to run a true RPO other than in the red zone. The play fake resulting in the long TD run was an example. Cole was a very good ball handler in a deceptive run heavy HS offense.
One thing Sanford (Fleck) has done well is to develop Kramer's wildcat package gradually. We can expect more of it and more passing the second half of the season.

Kramer is effectively the No. 2 QB and would probably take over should Tanner go down.

One thing Sanford (Fleck) has done well is to develop Kramer's wildcat package gradually. We can expect more of it and more passing the second half of the season.

Kramer is effectively the No. 2 QB and would probably take over should Tanner go down.
I have a hard time believing Kramer is playing in front of annexstad

Last yr if tanner got hurt, Seth would not be taking all the snaps...annexstad would have.

This is the same. Kramer is the new seth green. Annexstad is still QB2
I agree with this. Kramer is in for some very specific situations.

Kramer has looked good in limited roles, but I wish he had more snaps in earlier season games, but those games were Colorado, Miami of Ohio and Bowling Green, and we lost one and nearly lost another. Fleck doesn't seem to give his back-up QBs much game experience.

At some point, will PJ insert Zack when late in the game, they are way ahead?

Martinez would have led the gophers '13-16 to the B1G title game at least twice
That’s true. Unfortunately either Jerry could ID qb talent or could not convince the kids to come to the u. I did not violate the C&D because I mentioned no past qb by name.

That’s true. Unfortunately either Jerry could ID qb talent or could not convince the kids to come to the u. I did not violate the C&D because I mentioned no past qb by name.
You're probably right -- it's much more likely that he would have been another Walter Payton award runner up

Agree that the toss wasn't a thing of beauty but he threw it and our guy caught it for a TD. I, too, would like to see more passing from Cole. He was very accurate in HS, particularly on bootlegs off of running formations..
Kramer averaged under 85 yards per game and a completion % in the low 60s…in high school. Not exactly lighting up the world as a thrower.

Football expert, Meatsauce, during the Vikings pregame called him "Campbell".

He likes "Campbell and passing from the Wild Cat".

But in real life, Meatsauce is not that stupid they tell us.

Kramer averaged under 85 yards per game and a completion % in the low 60s…in high school. Not exactly lighting up the world as a thrower.
Since you have Kramer's passing stats, what was EP's per game rushing average, 300 +/-? He did not have to throw like many of the contemporary spread/RPO QB's who aired it out as their primary team offense. My recollection is that he was north of 70% completion rate his senior year. The point I tried to make originally in this thread is that the fake on the long 56 yd TD pulled three Nebraska defenders as a result of his prior runs and his option TD pass. They had to pay attention to him in that sequence and it allowed our OL to open up the gates for the long run .

I dunno, his dropping back to pass game is kinda iffy.

Great athlete but... dunno.
That's my point. We were within 1-2 games in 3 of those seasons of making the title game with an even iffier drop back passing game. I love Mitch and all he gave to the university -- but I think Adrian could run the Kill/Limey offense better and thus get over the Wisconsin hump.

That's my point. We were within 1-2 games in 3 of those seasons of making the title game with an even iffier drop back passing game. I love Mitch and all he gave to the university -- but I think Adrian could run the Kill/Limey offense better and thus get over the Wisconsin hump.
I mean last week vs Michigan, and our game.

Dude just doesn't seem to be the QB to seal the deal going to make that play that finishes it.

But I kinda suspect Both Adrian and Mitch didn't have staff that could make that happen either.

Last yr if tanner got hurt, Seth would not be taking all the snaps...annexstad would have.

This is the same. Kramer is the new seth green. Annexstad is still QB2
Kramer is not the new Seth Green. He is a wildcat QB who can both run and pass and handle the offense. Seth was a great short yardage runner who did not throw well and who was never in the mix as backup QB.

Kramer is not the new Seth Green. He is a wildcat QB who can both run and pass and handle the offense. Seth was a great short yardage runner who did not throw well and who was never in the mix as backup QB.
I'm sure Kramer is better than Green as a thrower, but I don't think we've seen enough proof to know that he is a good enough thrower to be the true #2 QB.

Since you have Kramer's passing stats, what was EP's per game rushing average, 300 +/-? He did not have to throw like many of the contemporary spread/RPO QB's who aired it out as their primary team offense. My recollection is that he was north of 70% completion rate his senior year. The point I tried to make originally in this thread is that the fake on the long 56 yd TD pulled three Nebraska defenders as a result of his prior runs and his option TD pass. They had to pay attention to him in that sequence and it allowed our OL to open up the gates for the long run .
Having his passing stats doesn’t mean I have Eden Prairie’s stats. Google is a fickle beast. I don’t doubt Kramer can throw and I’m glad he is an effective at times wildcat QB. However the post I quoted said nothing about how his fake may have helped on that long run. What I saw on that long run was #65 pancaking someone on the second level

I'm sure Kramer is better than Green as a thrower, but I don't think we've seen enough proof to know that he is a good enough thrower to be the true #2 QB.
Of course you are correct, we haven't seen enough. None of us knows for sure what coaches think or have planned. But, what I am suggesting is that Kramer's wildcat package is being expanded to see more passing from different parts of the field and different situations.

Green came in for short yardage power runs, usually near the goal line. It worked because Seth had size and power.

Kramer is different. He is an actual QB who is also an excellent runner. They can bring him in anywhere on the field and leave him there to run an entire series of downs.

And I just wonder if there is a situation, say in the 4th quarter of a tight game, where Tanner is hurt that you wouldn't go with the guy who has already run ten or so snaps in the game and has been playing every game since very early in the year, rather than bringing in a guy who has not had meaningful game experience since 2018.

Without knowing anything about the inside planning I am just guessing Kramer would be our No. 2 in that situation.

It was for a kneel-down.

I'd like to see him late in the game at least lead a whole series.
We did it at Colorado for a series. He only handed off but still a series. I wanted them to throw to Brock for a brotherly connection, but it wouldnt have been classy to CU

Top Bottom