Coffey at the 1??

gopherskynet

Reaction score
Alright so I know Mason needs to take a breather every now and then... *sigh* So that has put McBrayer as the primary ball handler and I think he does a serviceable job in those minutes. BUT...

I had a discussion with my friend the other day that I keep going back to and that would be putting Coffey at the one he has all the tools and last night he flashed his great court vision (that bounce pass he made into the paint from the arc WOW). Again I am only advocating for like 5 minutes a game in Mason's absence. I just envision it creating real headaches for opposing defenses, think Royce White's (I know) one successful season at Iowa State where he was the primary handler.

This sounds like a headache for opposing coaches:
Coffey
McBrayer/Springs
Curry
Murphy
Lynch/Konate

Anyways, has anyone else fantasized about this? Is this feasible? At the very least curious?

idk if amir's ball skills are quite to the level of a B1G pg yet but a lineup like this wouldnt be out of the question year 2-3

Alright so I know Mason needs to take a breather every now and then... *sigh* So that has put McBrayer as the primary ball handler and I think he does a serviceable job in those minutes. BUT...

I had a discussion with my friend the other day that I keep going back to and that would be putting Coffey at the one he has all the tools and last night he flashed his great court vision (that bounce pass he made into the paint from the arc WOW). Again I am only advocating for like 5 minutes a game in Mason's absence. I just envision it creating real headaches for opposing defenses, think Royce White (I know) one successful season at Iowa State where he was there primary handler.

Coffey
McBrayer/Springs
Curry
Murphy
Lynch/Konate

Anyways, has anyone else fantasized about this? Is this feasible? At the very least curious?

My fantasies tend to be about Mrs. BarnBoy, not hoops lineups.

But it's a cool thought!

This could happen. Amir with a pick at the elbow by Murphy or other big man would be unstoppable late in games

I may be confusing him with someone else, but I have a scant recollection that Richard wanted his son to be a PG in college to put him in a better position to get him to "the league". If my recollection is correct, I would think that dad worked with him quite a bit on those skills, and I don't think dad was a hands off kind of guy.

Short story is that I believe he has worked on those skills, and this is not a bad idea, as long as the staff buys in.

In watching the last few games I had the idea that it wouldn't surprise me if, come postseason time, Pitino reveals a package that has Coffey as the primary initiator of their offense. As Mason has shown, it wouldn't stop him from getting plenty of shots, and it would really catch opposing defenses off guard during postseason runs where scouting and prep are more scant.

Needs to work on the right hand. When he gets pressured he immediately turns left. All of his big plays have come off a screen sending him left. Scouting reports already say this I am sure and people are going to start to prioritize him.

He is capable of going right, I think it is more mental than anything. Once he demonstrates the right hand consistently I agree. For now, keep protecting his confidence off the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is right handed isn't he? so why the issue with going right? Driving to the right may be more connected with his knee than his handle.

He is right handed isn't he? so why the issue with going right? Driving to the right may be more connected with his knee than his handle.[/]

Are you saying its like a "I do everything right handed but shoot a basketball" type thing? If not, watch a game.
1938fe616ee3f605d6c9a70e584e5ca7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem with coffey at Pg in a backup role. Not sure Curry can play sf and guard 6-5/6-6 guys. I only see one good 3pt shooter at SG. I would play a zone against them and pack it in.

I would probably play both McBrayer and Springs with Coffey to get 2 solid 3pt shooters to keep the floor spread for Coffey pick and rolls with Murphy/Lynch.

Coffey
McBrayer/Springs
Curry
Murphy
Lynch/Konate

I have no problem with coffey at Pg in a backup role. Not sure Curry can play sf and guard 6-5/6-6 guys. I only see one good 3pt shooter at SG. I would play a zone against them and pack it in.

I would probably play both McBrayer and Springs with Coffey to get 2 solid 3pt shooters to keep the floor spread for Coffey pick and rolls with Murphy/Lynch.
Beat me to it, this is exactly what I was thinking.

Top Bottom