Cody Lindenberg is the future at LB

He has the intangibles. At one point he was a preferred walk-on. Somewhat reminiscent of Blake Cashman.
Some big time Gophers follow this path of coming from a strong desire to be a Gopher as a kid. Kings of the too’s they are forced to claw their way onto the team and then into the lineup and then rise up to noteriety achieving their dreams. Pretty cool!

He has the intangibles. At one point he was a preferred walk-on. Somewhat reminiscent of Blake Cashman.
Some big time Gophers follow this path of coming from a strong desire to be a Gopher as a kid. Kings of the too’s they are forced to claw their way onto the team and then into the lineup and then rise up to noteriety achieving their dreams. Pretty cool!
He was a 3* scholarship in the class of 2020. And enrolled early. Not sure he was a PWO at any point.

So, I'm guessing this is about another player. Don't have a Star Trib sub....but it is a better story my way :)Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 3.00.15 PM.png

He is not the future; he is the present. This is already his 3rd year. He's played in every game and has been a starter.

For anyone who follows our team remotely closely, this has been obvious for quite some time that he’s going to be, if not already is, our best lb for the next couple yeats

So, I'm guessing this is about another player. Don't have a Star Trib sub....but it is a better story my way :)View attachment 21650
The link to that article is below for whoever wants it. The subhead on that article is "Three stories with Gophers ties: A scholarship player, a preferred walk-on and late offer to a player still considering his options." Lindenberg was the scholarship player. Wyatt Schroeder is the PWO.

From the article:
“I had a few Missouri Valley offers, but after I performed the way I did, I had a few more schools looking at me,” he said.

Baylor was one. But the school he really hoped would notice was Minnesota. He had grown up a rabid Gophers fan and still cherished a photograph of himself as a 10-year-old, posing with Goldy Gopher during the inaugural season of TCF Bank Stadium.

Minnesota did notice. In early May, Gophers defensive coordinator Joe Rossi invited him in for a workout, then called him back the next week so coach P.J. Fleck could see him. A scholarship offer came soon after.

“On May 8, to be exact,” Lindenberg said. “I always had the dream to run out on that field with the coaches.”

In a span of one month, Lindenberg had gone from a little-known player with a dream to a bona fide Power Five scholarship player.

A couple of years ago the U was selling a #45 jersey on their fundraiser thing. I ended up as the top bid thinking it was a Coughlin jersey and he had taken some classes from my wife. Turned out it was tagged as the year after Coughlin left, and it turned out to be Lindenberg’s. So I’ve always had a little added incentive to cheer for him and glad to see him finally healthy and showing what he can do!

Top Bottom