Cobbs

Block M

Reaction score
From what I have seen, I really like Cobbs as the future point guard of this team. He plays with a lot of confidence and maturity for a freshman and has real good handle with the ball. His 3 pt shot has nice form and good lift and he looks to be a nifty passer as well. He was sleeper in this years recruiting class, but end up being an outstanding find for Tubby. If it were not for Al's uncanny ability to get and create turnovers, I think Cobbs would get even more PT.

He certainly has potential and I see his role growing down the road.... However, if he is our point guard of the future it likely means we didn't land Cory...

No kidding Rouser. Al will be gone after next year, and Cobbs doesn't appear to be an All Big-Ten type PG, especially in the scoring department.

There will be a massive hole at the PG spot in about a year and a half, and if C. Joseph wants a serious shot to make a huge impact in a major conference from the second he gets on campus, the U of M would probably be his best bet.

No kidding Rouser. Al will be gone after next year, and Cobbs doesn't appear to be an All Big-Ten type PG, especially in the scoring department.

There will be a massive hole at the PG spot in about a year and a half, and if C. Joseph wants a serious shot to make a huge impact in a major conference from the second he gets on campus, the U of M would probably be his best bet.

I think Tubby expects his point guard to run the offense, distribute the ball and play defense. Scoring any points is just gravy. From the limited time I've seen Cobb play, he's going to need a lot of work and playing time to get those skills up to Tubby's expectations. He looks talented enough to do it, with his defense needing the most work.

I think Cobbs has the potential to be really good. I won't say he will be as good as Joseph might be, but I don't think we will be in dire straights if we end up with Cobbs instead of the younger Joseph.

Al Nolen

Has almost 3-1 ATO ratio and averages 3 steals per game. Pretty good PG numbers, plus he hits FTA too.

IMO, it seems that Cobbs is more determined to show he can run the offense and distribute to others rather than looking to score himself. I have watched him pass up countless open looks and my guess is that is a pretty smart move for a freshman on a team with experienced players. He works hard on D and protects the ball. Scoring will come as he continues to develop.

It's much too early to know how good Cobbs will be in a year or two. I think he looks good so far for a freshman PG playing limited minutes.

so far

so far I think Cobb has been very good, for a freshman pg. I am impressed.

However, I noticed a couple times on saturday that he expresses displeasure with a teammate in what might not be considered a constructive manner.

anyone else notice this?

or am I once again, off-base?

It's much too early to know how good Cobbs will be in a year or two. I think he looks good so far for a freshman PG playing limited minutes.
Probably agree.

However, most guards that turn into All-Big 10 PGs were extremely good their freshman year (Talor Battle averaged 10 pts, 4 rebs, 4 assists and Kalin Lucas averaged 10 pts & 4 assists, just a couple off the top of my head).

But I have been happy with Cobbs so far.

However, I noticed a couple times on saturday that he expresses displeasure with a teammate in what might not be considered a constructive manner.

anyone else notice this?
Yep, I saw it, too. I'll ascribe it to a certain lack of perspective that Tubby and staff will likely help him obtain. ...
innocent.gif

Top Bottom