Cobbs and Johnson

shickmyjanski

hoop knowledge giver
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what was tweeted between Cobbs and Johnson? It was brought up in Myron's chat but not in detail.

Can someone please tell me what was tweeted between Cobbs and Johnson? It was brought up in Myron's chat but not in detail.

There's a thread on it somewhere. Basically, Cobbs was tweeting to DJ about Johnson leaving, and saying that he made the right decision, and DJ replied, yeah we all know the deal, which people thought implied that everybody knew the problems with Tubby and players. DJ then tweeted after seeing the thread that he had no problem with Tubby, and thought he was a great coach. I'd suggest finding the thread.

There is something about novice players who diss head coaches with accomplishments that just does not strike well with me.

This is copied and pasted from the other thread.

VIPJohnson34 Damian Johnson
@WHYN0TJCOBBS just out here on my international *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#....u could be gettin hella minutes at Minnesota lmao

WHYN0TJCOBBS JUSTIN COBBS
@VIPJohnson34 lmao why u say that ?? u know tubby is crazy bro

VIPJohnson34 Damian Johnson Lmao my bro @devoejoe outta there RT @WHYN0TJCOBBS:

@VIPJohnson34 lmao it must be fasho fasho ? why tho javis ?

The same reason u left fool dull RT @WHYN0TJCOBBS:

@VIPJohnson34 lol yall thought i was playin bro . dude is mental mann . i was the smart one . one and done haha

@WHYN0TJCOBBS lmao chill bro watch Wat u say on here but we all know the deal

If you're having trouble reading it, DJ is the one who starts the conversation and Cobbs is the one responding.

Excuse me. I speak jive.

Damien said: "I'm out here playing in Europe. If you were still with the Gopher, you would currently be logging quite a few minutes."

Justin said: "That is very humorous, but why do you say that? Remember that Coach Smith is crazy..."

Damien said: "You are also very funny. Did you hear that Devoe is leaving?"

Justin said: "The humor continues! His leaving is apparently a certainty. However, what is the cause of his departure??"

Damien said: "My guess is that it's due to the same circumstances under which you left: Wanting in liveliness of color or luster!"

Justin said: "I am now laughing out loud! And you all thought I was kidding around. Coach Smith is truly crazy. I was the smart one for leaving. I played one year and then I left. Isn't that funny?!?"

Damien said: "This is a very funny conversation, but be careful because everyone in the world can see what you are typing. Anyway, we all know what really happened: Puff puff"

Excuse me. I speak jive.

Damien said: "I'm out here playing in Europe. If I were still with the Gopher, I would currently be logging quite a few minutes."

Justin said: "That is very humorous, but why do you say that? Remember that Coach Smith is crazy..."

Justin said: "The humor continues! His leaving is apparently a certainty. However, what is the cause of his departure??"

Damien said: "My guess is that it's due to the same circumstances under which you left: Wanting in liveliness of color or luster!"

Justin said: "I am now laughing out loud! And you all thought I was kidding around. Coach Smith is truly crazy. I was the smart one for leaving. I played one year and then I left. Isn't that funny?!?"

Damien said: "This is a very funny conversation, but be careful because everyone in the world can see what you are typing. Anyway, we all know what really happened: Puff puff"

One correction on the first line, he's telling Cobbs that he could be gettin a ton of minutes, not DJ himself. Otherwise...hilarious and nicely done LOL

Bruce, I think you have a future as a twitter translator. That or a career in doing English sub-titles for Asian films.

Excuse me. I speak jive.

Damien said: "I'm out here playing in Europe. If you were still with the Gopher, you would currently be logging quite a few minutes."

That is truly great stuff!:)

One correction on the first line, he's telling Cobbs that he could be gettin a ton of minutes, not DJ himself. Otherwise...hilarious and nicely done LOL

AddEmoticons04230.gif

Twitter

Maybe, ala "Airplane", the entire Twitter world could be reformulated so as to provide sub-titles for those of us over 35! Man, I loved that movie the first time. And subsequent ones....

Stop calling me Shirley....

"I speak Jive" picture

"I speak Jive" picture.

Go Gophers!!

Attachments

• ispeakjive.jpg
    ispeakjive.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 29

"Billy, have you ever seen a grown man. ..."

Many classic lines from the Airplane series.

Excuse me. I speak jive.

EASILY the most I have ever laughed at a GopherHole post in 10 years. :clap:

Great post!

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Jive Talkin

My favorite Airplane translation:

"Shi*T" = golly

Can you fly this plane and land it?

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Excuse me. I speak jive.

thank you for making my day, that was the funniest one line on gopher hole this year.

Excuse me. I speak jive.

+ eleventy kazillion.

Very funny.

I thought Damien was writing in Japanese (is he still in Japan?).

Bruce

Bruce,

As a member of the "Yelling at Cloud Club" I thank your for the translation. I could make no sense of the original text.

+201

:clap::clap::clap:

Excuse me. I speak jive.

Can I nominate this for the GopherHole Hall of Fame? If there isn't one yet, can we create one just to permanently recognize this legendary post? Pure greatness.

Can I nominate this for the GopherHole Hall of Fame? If there isn't one yet, can we create one just to permanently recognize this legendary post? Pure greatness.

this is definitely HOF material- might be the best on this or any other board.

Damien was in Japan though, not Europe

Top Bottom