Cobb Named Semifinalist for Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award

gopherfaith

Reaction score
Minnesota running back David Cobb was named a semifinalist for the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, which recognizes the top offensive player in Division 1 football who also exhibits the enduring characteristics that define Earl Campbell: integrity, performance, teamwork, sportsmanship, drive, community, and tenacity; specifically tenacity to persist and determination to overcome adversity and injury in pursuit of reaching goals. Nominees must also be born in Texas and/or graduated from a Texas high school and/or played at a Texas-based junior college or four year Division I college in Texas. Cobb, who grew up in Killeen, Texas, and played at Ellison High School, leads the Gophers and ranks fifth in the Big Ten with 942 rushing yards on the season, with seven touchdowns.

http://www.bigten.org/blog/2013/11/...alist-for-earl-campbell-tyler-rose-award.html

Sorry if already posted but I didn't notice a thread on it...

Go Gophers!

Good for him. Cobb seems like a great kid who will succeed in life, football or not. He kept working hard even when he wasn't playing and has really taken advantage of his opportunity.

Although I do find it funny that Manziel is included on this list. He must be mostly based on performance.

Although I do find it funny that Manziel is included on this list. He must be mostly based on performance.

I heard Johnny Football donated half his earnings from signing autographs to several under privileged young ladies at Diamond Jim's Home for Wayward Girls....otherwise known as the boom boom room where Monique and Star are working hard for their money!

Top Bottom