Coaching Search from the Collegiate Coaching Consortium - (Formerly the Villa 7 Consortium)

Things have been oddly quiet in the Villa & (CCC) rumor mill. That tells me Coyle already has his guy. If I had to put down money at this point, I think it's Dutcher Jr. Which was speculated about as one of the names on the short list that we talked about early!

I can't believe you are still going with this bit about the Villa 7.

Bravo for persistence, dude.

Here is my updated Shortlist

1. Brian Dutcher (SDSU)
2. Craig Smith (Utah St)
3. JB Bickerstaff (Cavaliers)
4. Dave Richman (NDSU)
5. Kimani Young (Assistant at Connecticut)
6. Wes Miller (UNC Greensborough)
7. John Beilein/Gregg Marshall

Last edited:

The Greg Marshall line always cracks me up!

1. Brian Dutcher (SDSU)
2. JB Bickerstaff (Cavaliers)
3. Dave Richman (NDSU)
4. Kimani Young (Assistant at Connecticut)
5. Wes Miller (UNC Greensborough)
6. John Beilein/Gregg Marshall
Did they make an early call as Earl Grant being the new BC coach?

1. Brian Dutcher (SDSU)
3. Dave Richman (NDSU)

Other than maaaybe Dutcher, I haven't seen a more unrealistic list

1. Brian Dutcher (SDSU)
3. Dave Richman (NDSU)

Quit possible the WORST basketball coach around zero zero .01 that gophers would even interview him

Take Craig Smith Utah St or Tim Miles instead

Dwight Wight (possibly my favorite sports name of all time) - where are thou?

We need an update to your updated list

Wes miller is the sleeper on this list. Coyle missed out of muss two years ago and Wes miller could be the guy

Well according to Bel Air agent and member, Arkansas already secured Muss and that Beard is in play for Indiana.

Man, Beard @ Indiana would be scary! I think it makes sense and can see him as a good fit there.

Last edited:

Always sad when the focus shifts to attacking the messenger. Just because the UM was burned by one of the founders of Villa 7, doesn't mean there is no value to the follow on organization. I don't know if the content is valid, as I'm not on their board, but the Collegiate Coaching Consortium is a real entity. At least as valuable as most of the posts on this board.

Last edited:

Kimani Young?

Never thought I'd hear that name again.

Kimani Young?

Never thought I'd hear that name again.
Well he comes from the Richard Pitino coaching tree, so of course /s. I find it ironic that RP is destroyed on this site and yet we have two candidates from his coaching tree, and people are actually pushing them. . .I don't get it. They weren't the solution when they were here, our recruiting was not off the charts, our defense wasn't great, our offense wasn't great, so I don't understand why people would be excited by them as hires. What did they do?

Top Bottom