Coaches to Watch

Hope you are correct on # 1 but I would put Roberts as # 2.
I like LaRocque from UNLV but don't think we can pay enough to pull her away from her hometown school. Roberts is great coach but she has great situation at Utah. I don't think she is motivated to move.

I like LaRocque from UNLV but don't think we can pay enough to pull her away from her hometown school. Roberts is great coach but she has great situation at Utah. I don't think she is motivated to move.

Many assume the Stanford grad, who went to four Final Fours with the Cardinal, is waiting for a Pac-12 job to open. But with conference realignment making the future uncertain, those allegiances might not mean as much anymore. La Rocque is making $150,000 in base salary this season, but that doesn’t mean Minnesota could skimp on an offer to her, considering many anticipate she’ll be one of the most highly sought-after coaches in the country.

I didn't realize she La Racque was making almost nothing salary at UNLV for a College coach. I knew she played for Stanford but thought she was from Las Vegas area. I don't think we will end up paying any less than 700,000 to 750,000 for a coach. It's not going to be a cheap contract.

Last edited:

Marquette & West Virginia lost today.
Plitzuweit will have a five-year contract worth a total of $3 million, according to WVU. Her starting salary in year one will be $550,000, plus incentives. Her base salary at South Dakota was $275,000, according to the most recent published salary figures for the 2021-22 school year.

can't imagine what the BUYOUT would be with 4 years left on Dawn's contract..

just go get Duffy...

Plitzuweit will have a five-year contract worth a total of $3 million, according to WVU. Her starting salary in year one will be $550,000, plus incentives. Her base salary at South Dakota was $275,000, according to the most recent published salary figures for the 2021-22 school year.

can't imagine what the BUYOUT would be with 4 years left on Dawn's contract..

just go get Duffy...
Agree. But when MSU opened up, it makes me worry.

Watching UNLV n they had 5 TO’s in the 1st quarter. Will be interesting to watch if Lindy makes adjustments . One area we don’t need more of with our next coach is TO’s, lol.

There are two very experienced coaches I would want to interview. Dawn Plitzuweit and Kamie Ethridge.

Dawn (the non-Staley one) has a career recruiting Big Ten areas and took South Dakota to an Elite Eight. (!!) She has coached at Michigan and Wisconsin, and has over a decade of experience as a head coach. She just finished her first season in West Virginia, but maybe can perform a Reverse Brenda and leave a school for us after one season. :)

Kamie had a long successful assistant career at Kansas State before leading Northern Colorado, and just got Washington State their first ever women’s PAC-12 championship in ANY sport. Washington St. has long been considered one of the most challenging Power 5s to win at and if she could do it there I’d love to see what she could do with all the talent in MN.

I haven’t seen their names come up and curious of other’s thoughts on these two.

Lynx was the one to mention Dawn.

bigticket1 and Outsider responded favorably but the name mostly ignored since the name was never on the under consideration list or news reports.

Top Bottom