Coaches poll - 10.17.2021

I've never cared about rankings, especially at barely the halfway point, but it's a little frustrating that they would likely be ranked had they beaten BG and sitting at 5-1. Oh well.... spilled milk and all that jazz

Clemson ranked 24th. Purdue getting 16 votes and the Gophers zero.....despite the Gophers beating Purdue straight up in their house.

Clemson ranked 24th. Purdue getting 16 votes and the Gophers zero.....despite the Gophers beating Purdue straight up in their house.
Purdue hasn’t lost to anyone terrible.
Purdue has a top 25 wins

gophers have lost to someone terrible.
best win is against a 3-5 Nebraska team

if comparing head to head, maybe you say MN.
If comparing resumes of 130 teams and picking the top 25…not sure how people can make the argument Mn has a better resume.

Purdue hasn’t lost to anyone terrible.
Purdue has a top 25 wins

gophers have lost to someone terrible.
best win is against a 3-5 Nebraska team

if comparing head to head, maybe you say MN.
If comparing resumes of 130 teams and picking the top 25…not sure how people can make the argument Mn has a better resume.

Purdue would probably be a top 25 team if they wouldn't have lost to Minnesota. And their win against Iowa was against a way overrated team. I'm not saying that Purdue doesn't deserve votes.....I just think it's funny that we beat them head to head in West Lafayette.....and that's largely ignored.

Beat Maryland in convincing fashion.....and I think we'll start to see votes. Locksley has a vote. I'm surprised that Dorrell at Colorado hasn't voted for the Gophers.

Purdue would probably be a top 25 team if they wouldn't have lost to Minnesota. And their win against Iowa was against a way overrated team. I'm not saying that Purdue doesn't deserve votes.....I just think it's funny that we beat them head to head in West Lafayette.....and that's largely ignored.

Beat Maryland in convincing fashion.....and I think we'll start to see votes. Locksley has a vote. I'm surprised that Dorrell at Colorado hasn't voted for the Gophers.
Purdue would probably be number 11 in the country if they hadn’t lost to MN

No one here should have any problem with Gophers not getting attention. You know Fleck is loving being the underdog.

Top Bottom