Coaches on the Hot Seat 2023

Most interesting to me are the two most high profile guys you'd think might get fired have great agents...
$80 million dollars to make Jimbo go away at Texas A&M seems unlikely but what if he wins 5 games?
$77 million dollars makes Tucker seem safe but they can't be worse and he stays...?

The guy who says dumb stuff and seems in over his head is Venables at Oklahoma. He probably needs to win a bunch or the cries will be loud to find somebody new.

Tom Allen at Indiana, Gonzales at New Mexico, Neal Brown at West Virginia, Butch Jones at Arkansas St, Dino at Syracuse....if any of them don't at least qualify for a bowl game it would seem their time is certainly up.

Iowa won't have a permanent AD until after the '24 season so bad offense, gambling issues and the other rumblings probably won't be enough even if Iowa only wins 5 games or will it?

Northwestern may look for a more permanent coach if the climate is such that someone would accept. Or they have a winning season and he stays.

Harbaugh is volatile enough he could move on if his suspension negotiation ticks him off enough and/or if they have a bad season and the overall administration/fan dissatisfaction is louder than he is comfortable with. Seems unlikely he gets fired but doesn't seem out of the question he's not there...especially with a 7 or 8 win season. Maybe there is no NFL job open next year that fits but Denver courted him, Minnesota flirted the year before so maybe especially with a good season he says goodbye? Say the Chargers or the Rams open up and he's their guy?

Fickell is on the hot seat too I hear

(Let’s get it started early)
Ya, probably a couple weeks early, but I like it!
Thing is...if Nebraska and Wisconsin could be horrible for a few years with those guys coaching, it'd be nice to keep them on board.
We can always keep trash talking no matter what.

Last edited:

Top Bottom