Coach Smith and D. Joseph

Silvio

Reaction score
Does anyone have inside knowledge on how the relationship may have changed between these two from when C. Joseph committed to Texas and the start of this season? If C. Jospeh really did consider the U it would appear that it was after his commitment to Texas that the relationship changed between player and coach. Maybe the player became a problem, maybe the coach wasn't willing to put up with the player's issues anymore, or maybe it was all about playing time.

If this has already been discussed to death I apologize. I find this mid year transfer being the biggest issue this team is unable to overcome.

I think if this was a big enough deal to really matter, Devoe would have transferred before he used this year of eligibility.

I think if this was a big enough deal to really matter, Devoe would have transferred before he used this year of eligibility.

I don't know about that RC. It could well have been that Devoe and Tubby were locking horns last year also but that Devoe got satisfied during the late year run. That was a time during which Tubby had zero choice but to go with Devoe. My guess is that Devoe thought he would have the run of things this year and Tubby was having none it. Then the stuff started. It's not unusual for a kid to buck authority by breaking other rules and going out and doing as he pleases. What could have been done? Who knows- maybe Tubby has no fault in the situation. Or maybe he could have managed Devoe and developed a relationship that pervented a lot of other junk. Hard to say. At the end of the day- he's Tubby's recruit and he didn't work out. For that the buck stops at the coach.

Top Bottom