Coach Pitino tweets messages to fans: "We will make you proud"

Mason is, and will be, the unquestioned leader of this team. He doesn't have to impress us and deal with our judgments, he only has to worry about the other guys wearing jerseys. This was a transgression, but it is not unredeemable. Murphy already made statements that "they are brothers" or something to that effect. Mason didn't lose this team.
Perhaps, but he sure let them down. His Grandma's gonna be draggin' that kid to church by the ear if he messes up again. Don't mess with a church going Grandma! [emoji56]

I think we are looking at a 6th or 7th place finish and a bubble team. I firmly believe we will be that much better with the new players.

With the new players added to those who took one big step for Gopher-kind this year.

Mason is, and will be, the unquestioned leader of this team. He doesn't have to impress us and deal with our judgments, he only has to worry about the other guys wearing jerseys. This was a transgression, but it is not unredeemable. Murphy already made statements that "they are brothers" or something to that effect. Mason didn't lose this team.

I could see Murphy also becoming a leadership figure with his consistent effort and performance, maybe even Coffey if he really lights it up as a freshman.

If the other guys are upset at Mason and company about the twitter incident, I'd guess it's more because they got themselves suspended and probably cost the team 2-3 more wins when they seemed to be gelling and gaining a bit of momentum, not just because they had an unconventional sexual encounter. With Murphy's statement about being brothers and the report that Pitino was at the high school tournament with Dorsey and McBrayer, I'd say that if there ever was any bad blood between them, they're over it by now, and that's a good thing.

I could see Murphy also becoming a leadership figure with his consistent effort and performance, maybe even Coffey if he really lights it up as a freshman.

If the other guys are upset at Mason and company about the twitter incident, I'd guess it's more because they got themselves suspended and probably cost the team 2-3 more wins when they seemed to be gelling and gaining a bit of momentum, not just because they had an unconventional sexual encounter. With Murphy's statement about being brothers and the report that Pitino was at the high school tournament with Dorsey and McBrayer, I'd say that if there ever was any bad blood between them, they're over it by now, and that's a good thing.

Amen.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on the Gophers finishing 8th or better next year.

Well, the future is always a matter of probabilities, so you could be right. Personally, though, I think it is more likely that you are insane.

Not every teenager deems sexual promiscuity as a sign of strength and leadership. We're you ever in AP classes?

So you're saying that there aren't any loose teenagers in AP classes?

I think we are looking at a 6th or 7th place finish and a bubble team. I firmly believe we will be that much better with the new players.

Would you actually give that bet with even odds? I guess it's never too early for optimism.

Pitino better have some significant improvement among multiple players or pick up some grad transfers who can play in the off season for that to happen.

If the other players were upset with Dorsey, McBreyer and Mason I doubt that it had anything to do with sex. If we knew one tenth of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a major conference D-1 hoops program we would be shocked.

Pitino could start "making us proud" by scheduling some real competition at home during the non conference schedule. Rewarding his most loyal customers instead of kicking us in the shins and laughing in our faces with a more expensive and more watered down product every year is long overdue.

Pitino could start "making us proud" by scheduling some real competition at home during the non conference schedule. Rewarding his most loyal customers instead of kicking us in the shins and laughing in our faces with a more expensive and more watered down product every year is long overdue.

Amen!

I expect our favorite team to make a run in the NIT next season and to make the dance the following year. My guess is Dorsey's family will convince him to move back home and attend a JUCO. Very important Coach P. and staff do a sales job on the rest of the squad to convince them to stay(including Buggs and Gaston) for continuity. There is little margin for error, but I haven't hear the fat lady sing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the members of the board who remain season ticket holders. I was there with you in spirit, but sometimes the past 2 seasons it was just too painful to watch.

Why do you think it is important for Gaston to stay? Where do you see him getting minutes next year with Lynch and Konate in front of him?

Go Gophers!!

Why do you think it is important for Gaston to stay? Where do you see him getting minutes next year with Lynch and Konate in front of him?

Go Gophers!!

Otherwise a very solid analysis by howie, but I agree with you about Gas. I noticed that, during one of the recent games, he tied his career high with two points. That's not a distinguished career through two years, and the roster gets a ton more crowded next year. It's probably better for his own good if he finds a new place to play.

Gaston's scholarship will turn into a 2017 scholarship. Whether it happens this offseason or next, is the real question.

Why do people think Coffey can/will light it up as a freshman? Has anyone actually seen him play? He is essentially the third option on his own team and is a very suspect shooter. He does not have the strength to be an immediate impact player in my opinion.

I am holding out hope that by his jr year he is a solid contributor.

Why do people think Coffey can/will light it up as a freshman? Has anyone actually seen him play? He is essentially the third option on his own team and is a very suspect shooter. He does not have the strength to be an immediate impact player in my opinion.

I'm not sure where you get the third option thinking, however, he is thin. He'll definitely help defensively as well as providing another guy who drives hard to the hoop. We learn how to make free throws and we're golden!

I'm not sure where you get the third option thinking, however, he is thin. He'll definitely help defensively as well as providing another guy who drives hard to the hoop. We learn how to make free throws and we're golden!

Shahid and Johnson are far more involved in the offense than Coffey is.

We don't need Coffey to come in and light it up scoring wise. Coffey's biggest value is his all-around game. He is a very good passer. I would like to see us run some pick-n-roll next year with Coffey as they main ball-handler. He has such great length that he can easily pass over defenders in pick-n- roll situations.

His length will also bother opposing players on the defense end of the floor as well. It will be a nice luxury to be able to play a 6'7 guy at the two guard for periods of time. He is also a good rebounder for a wing player.

I don't know where you get the idea he is the third option on his team. I guess you only watched the game on thursday night then. Shahid and Johnson were both very good. Coffey didn't need to jack up a bunch of shots when his teammates were cooking. He finished the night an efficient 6-9 shooting and I believe Ryan James said he shot close to 60% from the floor this season, which is very good for a wing player. Like I said before, he is a very unselfish player, and he doesn't need to get his shots in order to impact the game.

Top Bottom