Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Job 1?

Go Gophers!!
There are 12 teams remaining in the B1G tourney on Thursday. We are not one of them. That's 2 straight years playing in the Rutgers/Minnesota/Nebraska Invitational. That is ugly territory.

Job 1 is to not be 1 of the worst 4 programs in the B1G. That's a low bar to have entering Year 4. Can we rise above that bar in 2016-17?

Good for the guy. I hope he is right. Go Gophers

There are 12 teams remaining in the B1G tourney on Thursday. We are not one of them. That's 2 straight years playing in the Rutgers/Minnesota/Nebraska Invitational. That is ugly territory.

Job 1 is to not be 1 of the worst 4 programs in the B1G. That's a low bar to have entering Year 4. Can we rise above that bar in 2016-17?

If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on the Gophers finishing 8th or better next year.

Pitino needs to kiss the arses of the local talent and HS coaches. He needs to have a rebound year next year with some local talent and then build on it. I know people hate the local angle, but you will never get top national talent if you can't win locally first and on the court.

I know Pitino has style of play he likes. However, if he can't get or doesn't want to recruit the best local talent for that system, he better adapt or find a new job.

I think he can still get it done, but he will be out the door in a year if the team doesn't jump in the standings and a new AD is in place.

Pitino needs to kiss the arses of the local talent and HS coaches. He needs to have a rebound year next year with some local talent and then build on it. I know people hate the local angle, but you will never get top national talent if you can't win locally first and on the court.

I know Pitino has style of play he likes. However, if he can't get or doesn't want to recruit the best local talent for that system, he better adapt or find a new job.

I think he can still get it done, but he will be out the door in a year if the team doesn't jump in the standings and a new AD is in place.
3/5 of the new guys are local and if I had to guess we will take two more local kids in 2017. They're coming

Reading tea leaves I'm hoping this is a sign nobody is transferring and the recruits are still on board. I'll settle for respectable next year; he doesn't have to make me proud.

Reading tea leaves I'm hoping this is a sign nobody is transferring and the recruits are still on board. I'll settle for respectable next year; he doesn't have to make me proud.

I hope so, but the way he said it's a privilege to play for Minnesota, made me think someone is on the way out. Hope I'm wrong.

Please get a couple kids who can drain the three. I'm sick of watching this team go brick by brick.

Please get a couple kids who can drain the three. I'm sick of watching this team go brick by brick.

That's been my biggest concern with both Tubby and Pitino. Hoping we can be respectable from 3 next year after losing Joey.

I hope no one is thinking it will be easy for the Gophers to finish in the top 8 next season. You need to come watch the B1G Tournament. A lot of talent coming back and we haven't even seen the quarterfinals where the top 4 teams reside. Penn State, Illinois, and Northwestern to name three are likely to be good and significantly improved basketball teams next season. Not to mention Ohio State.

I hope no one is thinking it will be easy for the Gophers to finish in the top 8 next season. You need to come watch the B1G Tournament. A lot of talent coming back and we haven't even seen the quarterfinals where the top 4 teams reside. Penn State, Illinois, and Northwestern to name three are likely to be good and significantly improved basketball teams next season. Not to mention Ohio State.
Yes, we will still be young and leaderless next year. The kid we hoped would be leading got caught with his pants down. If we can be at .500 and living on the bubble, I would consider it a solid step forward. Of course, after this mess, how can you get worse.

Yes, we will still be young and leaderless next year. The kid we hoped would be leading got caught with his pants down. If we can be at .500 and living on the bubble, I would consider it a solid step forward. Of course, after this mess, how can you get worse.

You don't get rid of a kid because he messed up. You get rid of him because, in one sense or another, he's irredeemable. That description doesn't even resemble Nate. He'll be back - we're not unjust.

You don't get rid of a kid because he messed up. You get rid of him because, in one sense or another, he's irredeemable. That description doesn't even resemble Nate. He'll be back - we're not unjust.
I didn't imply he won't be back. I implied that he's hurt his chance to be a strong leader. He will have to work hard to show that he should be given that position of leadership after the last months events.

I didn't imply he won't be back. I implied that he's hurt his chance to be a strong leader. He will have to work hard to show that he should be given that position of leadership after the last months events.

You're not given a position of leadership. You simply occupy it with character and will. He's got it, and it can't be taken.

Yup. Cause those kids are gonna look down at the dude that participated in group sex.

Were you ever a teenager?

I expect our favorite team to make a run in the NIT next season and to make the dance the following year. My guess is Dorsey's family will convince him to move back home and attend a JUCO. Very important Coach P. and staff do a sales job on the rest of the squad to convince them to stay(including Buggs and Gaston) for continuity. There is little margin for error, but I haven't hear the fat lady sing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the members of the board who remain season ticket holders. I was there with you in spirit, but sometimes the past 2 seasons it was just too painful to watch.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on the Gophers finishing 8th or better next year.
But would put money down on them finishing in the top half of the B1G Conference?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yup. Cause those kids are gonna look down at the dude that participated in group sex.

Were you ever a teenager?
Not every teenager deems sexual promiscuity as a sign of strength and leadership. We're you ever in AP classes?

Not every teenager deems sexual promiscuity as a sign of strength and leadership. We're you ever in AP classes?

I was in AP classes, and was a national merit scholar. These kids are leaders, and the evidence extends far beyond their sexual exploits.

Mason is, and will be, the unquestioned leader of this team. He doesn't have to impress us and deal with our judgments, he only has to worry about the other guys wearing jerseys. This was a transgression, but it is not unredeemable. Murphy already made statements that "they are brothers" or something to that effect. Mason didn't lose this team.

I think we are looking at a 6th or 7th place finish and a bubble team. I firmly believe we will be that much better with the new players.

Top Bottom