Coach Kill & Coordinators

I think having the staff in place as a package with Kill is huge. They know what has to be done, they've already done it 3 times.

Thanks for easy access to the video.

One thing that strikes me, when I see Coach Kill and his coordinators on camera, is that they are common down to earth men. "No hype" kind of guys who look like they can go into a recruit's living room and make the recruit and the kid's parents feel comfortable about coming to their program to play Gopher Football. You look at the coaches collective records and statistics and what you come away with is a sense of "success."

I can't help but wonder about the future and what happens if Kill is extremely successful at Minnesota? Could he end up with the athletic director's job himself someday (ala Alvarez at Wisky) and then one of his coordinators inherits his HC job?

One encouraging sign is that these three guys have GOT to be more about substance than style. There seems to be no flash about them whatsoever...while this may hurt us a little initially in recruiting, I think it probably means that they are really good coaches.

New Forum Name?...

Maybe this forum should be called:

"The Sleeping Giant Football Forum"

Regardless, I like the thought and indeed hope it comes to be true.

Go Gophers! Let's Recruit!

Our new coordinaters are a couple of pretty big fellers! I'm thrilled to have both on board, hope they continue in their winning ways here at the U.

One encouraging sign is that these three guys have GOT to be more about substance than style. There seems to be no flash about them whatsoever...while this may hurt us a little initially in recruiting, I think it probably means that they are really good coaches.

Good point.

"My Hearts a pumpin and mt corpuscles are a jumpin"...we have an identity! On day one the CK said he wants to have two great ends and 2 great CBs so he can put 8 in the box. Live and die by stopping the run. He wants an athletic QB in order to run multiple formations. He wants to be able to have 2 in the backfield in order to run down hill but also wants to run the spread and so pro set. "Stroke the post, Let's go!!!"

Dang

Our new coordinaters are a couple of pretty big fellers! I'm thrilled to have both on board, hope they continue in their winning ways here at the U.

Nobody will push our coordinators around. Those are big boys. They seem like very genuine people.

No idea if I really should be but I feel way more excited about our football program than I did when Brewster began. And I do remember being excited by his rhetoric initially until we played. This feels different though.

Don't you guys think so?

I was about to say dem some big ol' boys there as coordinators... we aren't talking Dabo Sweeney types. lol

They seem down to Earth and as mentioned more substance over style.

These coordinators feel like "real" people not used cars sales men!

It takes "Used car salesman" to recruit. You need the horses to win.
Lets see what these good old boys can do in the next two months to lock up some big time recruits.

It takes "Used car salesman" to recruit. You need the horses to win.
Lets see what these good old boys can do in the next two months to lock up some big time recruits.

Yawn. Pushing the silly "he better rock the world when most big time recruits are already committed" nonsense in a new thread I see.

Top Bottom