Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sad...what if?

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • WHO CARES WE KEPT THE AXE!

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

RogueGopher

Reaction score
Purdue loss + Minnesota win = 3 or 4-way tie for division.
Would be 2nd co-division championship in last 3 years.

Don’t think Indiana will win. But it would be good to finish tied for a division title 2 out of 4 years and one game away a third year.
Back in 2000 you could win full titles of the conference while finishing in ties where you wouldn’t win the tiebreaker

The conspiratorial side in me wonders, does the BG10 prefer Purdue or Illinois in the championship game? I honestly think Illinois is the only one of those two that can make it a game with their defense (Illinois almost beat Michigan on the road already) but Purdue is fresh meat. They haven't played either OSU or MI yet.

The conspiratorial side in me wonders, does the BG10 prefer Purdue or Illinois in the championship game? I honestly think Illinois is the only one of those two that can make it a game with their defense (Illinois almost beat Michigan on the road already) but Purdue is fresh meat. They haven't played either OSU or MI yet.
The big ten doesnt care at all. As long as the east representative wins they are happy. The participant from the west is irrelevant this year.

I don’t think there is always a conspiracy / preference.

The BIG doesn't care who goes to the title game from the West. It really doesn't matter because the end result is likely to be a bloodbath no matter who ends up getting the nod from the West.

I think they’d prefer an 8-4 team in the title game over a 7-5 team and they’d probably prefer the team that can’t threaten those two.

The BIG doesn't care who goes to the title game from the West. It really doesn't matter because the end result is likely to be a bloodbath no matter who ends up getting the nod from the West.
They do, they prefer the team with fewer losses and the team that is less of a threat (none of the 3 are a threat)

A 7-5 team in the championship is a worse look than an 8-4 team as bad as a look as an 8-4 team is

They do, they prefer the team with fewer losses and the team that is less of a threat (none of the 3 are a threat)

A 7-5 team in the championship is a worse look than an 8-4 team as bad as a look as an 8-4 team is
I guess I should have said they don't care enough to fix the games in order to get a certain team there (which is what was implied by the original post). I am sure the conference has its preference but in the end it isn't going to matter because none of the teams will provide a marque opponent for OSU or Michigan that will help boost that teams playoff resume.

I guess I should have said they don't care enough to fix the games in order to get a certain team there (which is what was implied by the original post). I am sure the conference has its preference but in the end it isn't going to matter because none of the teams will provide a marque opponent for OSU or Michigan that will help boost that teams playoff resume.
For sure they don’t care enough to fix the games

At times Gopher Hole reads like a junior league QNON with half-baked conspiracy theories.
"They" meaning the BIG administration, does not care about anything except TV revenue which only depends on penetrating major markets by adding teams in said markets.
The very last thing on their list of things to worry about is what team stumbles to win the West and be offered up as a sacrifice in Indianapolis.

At times Gopher Hole reads like a junior league QNON with half-baked conspiracy theories.
"They" meaning the BIG administration, does not care about anything except TV revenue which only depends on penetrating major markets by adding teams in said markets.
The very last thing on their list of things to worry about is what team stumbles to win the West and be offered up as a sacrifice in Indianapolis.
That’s exactly what they want you to think.

B1G would like a entertaining championship game, for rating purposes, and wants the team with the best chance to be in the playoffs to win, Ohio State.

B1G would like an entertaining championship game, for rating purposes, and wants the team with the best chance to be in the playoffs to win, Ohio State.
If they want an entertaining big ten title game they’ll move it to Ross aid stadium at night and see if something weird happens

B1G would like a entertaining championship game, for rating purposes, and wants the team with the best chance to be in the playoffs to win, Ohio State.
All true but I don't buy into the conspiracy theories about fixed games and all that crap that some fans like to get caught up in.

Gophs up 10-6 at half, Purdue down 7-3 at half.
Illinois up 17-0 at half.

If scores hold, 4 way tie, Illinois vs Michigan in Indy.

I
Gophs up 10-6 at half, Purdue down 7-3 at half.
Illinois up 17-0 at half.

If scores hold, 4 way tie, Illinois vs Michigan in Indy.
I like the Illinois—Michigan rematch. Give Bert a second chance. Michigan will still get the calls.

Purdue turned the game on it's head. Two long touchdown drive to start the half, up 17-7 now. Boilers in the brink of an outright division title and a trip to Indy.

Will be interesting this year with Purdue "home game" in Indy. I don't think it will matter, but hopefully they'll make it interesting.

Big Ten will absolutely brew up a batch of home cooking to guarantee Michigan gets in the CFP.

You can bet every last dollar you have on that.

Will be interesting this year with Purdue "home game" in Indy. I don't think it will matter, but hopefully they'll make it interesting.

Big Ten will absolutely brew up a batch of home cooking to guarantee Michigan gets in the CFP.

You can bet every last dollar you have on that.
I don't think Michigan will need any help to destroy Purdue.

No co-champions this year, as Purdue takes care of business and thus wins it outright at 6-3 over Illinois, Iowa, and Gophers at 5-4.

Just unbelievable that winning the West, probably our last chance to ever do it, boiled down to not winning the G-D homecoming game against Purdue. A team we have pretty much owned since Fleck.

Throwing the ball to MBS, as it turns out, is a bad idea.

We'll never know what would've happened the rest of the year, but Mo badly wanted to play and would've gutted it out, as he has all year on a less than 100% ankle. I think we win the game with Mo playing.

Top Bottom