Club Cambria to Debut at Huntington Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Club Cambria to Debut at Huntington Bank Stadium

It was announced today that University of Minnesota Golden Gopher fans will enjoy special amenities and the best views in Huntington Bank Stadium in what will be a newly designed Club Cambria at the start of the 2021 football season on September 2. A new energetic and modern Club Cambria will be completed in two phases as a result of a 10-year partnership between Le Sueur–based Cambria, the leading American-made producer of quartz surfaces, and the University.

Cambria and the University will partner to create a unique, innovative, and advanced-design club space at Huntington Bank Stadium, ensuring a high-end, elevated, luxury lounge experience unlike any other seating area in the stadium. The first phase will be completed before the start of the 2021 season and will include an updated look and feel with new flooring, soon-to-be-launched Cambria designs in maroon and gold, and bold Gopher football graphics throughout the space. Phase two will include more extensive renovations.

Club Cambria will be the central location for premium seat holders, becoming Huntington Bank Stadium’s own ultimate game day experience for Gopher fans. The 20,000 square foot space will have two bars, concessions with expanded menu offerings, multiple fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, and access to outdoor club seating. In addition, Club Cambria will be the site of numerous events and non-football-related functions throughout the calendar year, hosting approximately 100 events annually.

“We are thrilled to partner with Cambria and its entire team on the development of Club Cambria at Huntington Bank Stadium,” said Director of Athletics Mark Coyle. “Club Cambria will provide our fans a tremendous experience at home football games and will also have a dramatic and positive impact on Gopher Athletics. We are grateful for the generous support from Cambria and are proud to have an internationally recognized, Minnesota-based company prominently featured at Huntington Bank Stadium.”

Highlighted by nearly 1,300 seats all located between the 25-yard lines with theater-style, padded seating, Club Cambria will feature premium amenities along with an exclusive private entrance. The climate-controlled Club Cambria will offer direct access to the club seating area on the south side of Huntington Bank Stadium and feature newly renovated Cambria quartz surfaces and amenities throughout, making it one of the premier clubs in the Big Ten Conference.

“We’ve been longtime enthusiasts of the University of Minnesota, partnering with the U in various ways for many years now,” said Marty Davis, President and CEO of Cambria. “This partnership is compelling for our company, our employees, and our Cambria brand throughout the region. Sports are an excellent platform to share our brand with consumers, support local communities, and in particular, we are greatly enthused with the Gopher Football program and its future under the elite leadership of Director of Athletics Mark Coyle and Coach PJ Fleck. Winning programs are a key and most critical ingredient to successful marketing and branding efforts. We are very excited about this opportunity. Row the boat, Ski-U-Mah and go Gophers!”

Cambria has been a supporter of Gopher Athletics venue development over the last 20 years with projects that include Huntington Bank Stadium—developing custom maroon and gold quartz surfaces for many of the premium areas; renovations to Bierman Athletic Building and Athletes Village—including Cambria surfaces featured throughout state-of-the-art training facilities, dining areas, and offices; and ongoing collaboration with projects to keep historic buildings sleek and modern such as Williams Arena, 3M Arena at Mariucci, and other University-owned-and-operated facilities on campus.

Go Gophers!!

Does that mean no more DQ club room? Asking for a friend...
GqmXx18.png

The current club space and president suite are pretty boring. So hopefully they can reinvent it somehow.

TCF has an actual seating club? Not talking suites or loge boxes.

I mean a section of (premium) seats with fenced/gated off, protected access?

Or is it just chairbacks out with the rest of the seating that you pay more for in order to get access to the indoor club area?

TCF has an actual seating club? Not talking suites or loge boxes.

I mean a section of (premium) seats with fenced/gated off, protected access?

Or is it just chairbacks out with the rest of the seating that you pay more for in order to get access to the indoor club area?
Yes, there is indoor club seating that is distinct from the suites. I think there 250 seats, inside, behind the glass. Access through same entrance as other premium seating.

Indoor club

The current club space and president suite are pretty boring. So hopefully they can reinvent it somehow.
I would 100% move there if ... I wasn't emotionally attached to my seats as it is.

I think the club seats are pretty nice really I just like my seats.

Yes, there is indoor club seating that is distinct from the suites. I think there 250 seats, inside, behind the glass. Access through same entrance as other premium seating.

Indoor club
I'm talking about a real club section: an outdoor seating club. I don't think there is, but I could be wrong. Who wants to sit indoors in an enclosed space at an outdoor stadium??

I'm talking about a real club section: an outdoor seating club. I don't think there is, but I could be wrong.
There is outdoor premium seating, called the "Football Outdoor Club" with access to the indoor club areas. Those sections are designated as OC1-OC4 on a stadium map. It is segregated from the general seating area and has wider, padded chairs. I think it's 1,000 or 1,250 seats. There is restricted access, but no fences or other significant physical barriers. I don't know if this meets your definition of a "real club section" or not.

Who wants to sit indoors in an enclosed space at an outdoor stadium??
Sadly, almost no one. That's why those seats are almost always available. As it was told to me, when they were designing the stadium they surveyed season ticket holders and found great concern among certain segments of the fan base about moving to an outdoor stadium after years in the climate controlled Metrodome. The Bank was built with indoor seating options to address those concerns, but when they tried to sell the indoor seating they met with a lot of incredulous responses like "We don't want to sit inside when it's nice out, only when it's cold." As a result, they had good luck selling the loge boxes and other hybrid seating options, but less trying to move the indoor club seats.

There is outdoor premium seating, called the "Football Outdoor Club" with access to the indoor club areas. Those sections are designated as OC1-OC4 on a stadium map. It is segregated from the general seating area and has wider, padded chairs. I think it's 1,000 or 1,250 seats. There is restricted access, but no fences or other significant physical barriers. I don't know if this meets your definition of a "real club section" or not.
I don't think I'm saying anything controversial or debatable.

This is what I think of as club seating section:
image_handler.aspx

How can you have "restricted access" if there's literally nothing physically separating your club seating from non-club seating?

Maybe you think this is a silly point, and perhaps it is. I was just curious if we had one (like above), and it sounds like no. Maybe most college stadiums, even P5, don't have this either. I have not been to lots of them.

Sadly, almost no one. That's why those seats are almost always available. As it was told to me, when they were designing the stadium they surveyed season ticket holders and found great concern among certain segments of the fan base about moving to an outdoor stadium after years in the climate controlled Metrodome. The Bank was built with indoor seating options to address those concerns, but when they tried to sell the indoor seating they met with a lot of incredulous responses like "We don't want to sit inside when it's nice out, only when it's cold." As a result, they had good luck selling the loge boxes and other hybrid seating options, but less trying to move the indoor club seats.
Thanks for the info!

I don't think I'm saying anything controversial or debatable.

This is what I think of as club seating section:
image_handler.aspx

How can you have "restricted access" if there's literally nothing physically separating your club seating from non-club seating?

Maybe you think this is a silly point, and perhaps it is. I was just curious if we had one (like above), and it sounds like no. Maybe most college stadiums, even P5, don't have this either. I have not been to lots of them.
It isn’t that segregated, and you could certainly get in there if you were motivated to do so, but they do have security monitoring who gets in as far as I can tell. I don‘t sit there myself, I am a sunny side guy.

Top Bottom