Closing out not going good

You can always count on Ruppert for some unintentional humor in his threads. First, he provided us with entirely new vocabulary (decommitmented), and now he has provided us with a new time-saving nickname. It's not Hinojosa. It's not Josh. It's "Hinojosha".

Jeez, cut me some slack. I'm doing this on a I-phone in a fish house.

What the hell is a fish house? Is that an out-state thing?

You're not from around here, are you?
There are probably fish houses in Ohio too, but I wouldn't know anyone who has one. I'm sure I've seen one, just not a big fisher (I'm assuming one fishes from the house, and it's not a house fish live in)

Yes. If I'm in an ice shack and not fishing, can it still be a fish house?

You have portable fish houses, fish houses, and Ice Palaces which are the "Ritz Carlton " of said
fish house. An ice house was where you kept block ice. Nobody uses the term "ice shanty" unless you're gay. If I stopped into a 4 seasons resort on Leech Lake and said: " Do you have any ice shanty's for rent"? I would get the raised eyebrow look, or he would think I was from North Oaks or Vadnis Heights.

It is a place were some guys go to get away from their wives and to drink beer. I found it to be the most boring thing I have ever done. Maybe I didn't drink enough beer.

It is a place were some guys go to get away from their wives and to drink beer. I found it to be the most boring thing I have ever done. Maybe I didn't drink enough beer.
Oh. I have a toilet for that. Never checked for fish.

But I think if 2011 UCLA and 2011 Minnesota played on a neutral field 10 times, UCLA would win 7 or 8 of them.

I doubt that. UCLA was downright awful at random times during the year. Gophers came on strong towards the end. I bet the 10 games would be much more like a split.

Where I'm from we called them "ice houses" and that's where the majority of my class went to drink, smoke, and have a bonfire on a frozen lake.

It's a place you go to play cards.

Sometimes some fish will drop by.

When too many fish drop by that DNR guy drops by.

Don't let the DNR guy drop by.

Drop Cable, get Direct TV.

The last time I went ice fishing, by the time a got a hole in the ice big enough to put the boat in, it was time to go home.

My uncle went ice fishing. He caught 1000 pounds of ice. He drowned frying it.

Top Bottom