Clock management as poor as me.

Why ground the ball with 12 seconds left after a player gets injured on a play that makes a first down. Someone not thinking upstairs.

Because the clock started running.

They should have had a play called by then and ran it.

It also took us 15 seconds to call a timeout while were on defense to try and keep some time on the clock to come back and score.

Not one to question play calling but: how about a screen with a minute left. Would have been an easy 20 yards the way they were sending 5.

I know it can be easy to forget the good and remember the bad, but I honestly cannot remember an effective two minute drill that resulted in a touchdown this year. That part of our game has been a disaster.

As for the spike after the injury, how do you not use that time to know what play you want to run? It was only one second which probably did not make any difference, but it is the principle that we just don't seem to have it together in clock management situations, and that seems like something a stable coaching staff like ours should have down pat.

Casual clock management cost another shot at the end one.

Mitch made the perfect throw, 82 had an easy catch. If he catches it we're speaking highly of Mitch right now.

They should have had a play called by then and ran it.

Why though? This would make sense if there was more time on the clock, but at that point there was no chance we get four more offensive plays anyways. It's much better to just spike the ball instead of trying to hurry up and run a play. When you rush things there is a much greater chance of a false start.

It also took us 15 seconds to call a timeout while were on defense to try and keep some time on the clock to come back and score.

I think that was what Kill was talking about with the ref. It appeared that he was trying to call a timeout earlier but the refs didn't see/hear him.

Mitch made the perfect throw, 82 had an easy catch. If he catches it we're speaking highly of Mitch right now.

No it wasn't. There was a guy over his back with his hand right in his face. He'll be the first to tell you he should have had it but it was far from an easy catch.

Top Bottom