clavin phillips charged with misdemeanor possession

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
kankakee journal

i hope that calvin can make the necessary changes in his life and be able to fulfill his potential as a student and athlete. perhaps someone more informed can explain how this will affect his scholarship offer.

I dont really see this as a big deal as I bet at least one on this board has tried it. It's only bad because the govt tells us it is. I think drinking is much worse at that age.

My guess if he gets caught again though, he may not have any major college offers. This guy has a world of talent and would love to see a 2001 backfield of him, Lipscomb and Bennett.

Ugh. Ugh.

Someday we're going to get an awesome recruit whose grades are in order and doesn't have a trunk full of the chronic. I will celebrate that day. :)

Ugh. Ugh.

Someday we're going to get an awesome recruit whose grades are in order and doesn't have a trunk full of the chronic. I will celebrate that day. :)

Overreacting a bit aren't we? Misdemeanor possession is hardly a trunk full (maybe a sandwich bag?). Also, we have had many great recruits with no issues (our top recruit this year so far is Gjere and there aren't any issues with him. He's a great kid). People tend to overlook the positives and focus on any negatives that pop up.

Overreacting a bit aren't we? Misdemeanor possession is hardly a trunk full (maybe a sandwich bag?). Also, we have had many great recruits with no issues (our top recruit this year so far is Gjere and there aren't any issues with him. He's a great kid). People tend to overlook the positives and focus on any negatives that pop up.

My bad. I read the story on my iPhone and read 30 ounces instead of 30 grams. The former would have been serious weight, while the latter is, all in all, pretty minor.

And you're right, Gjere is a great kid and, by all accounts, an equally great player. And we've had some equally great recruits in previous classes (Cooper, Hageman, etc.). My point was more around the three players I've been most excited about in Gray, Lipscomb and now Phillips, who have all had some sort of issue in test scores, grades, or the weed. My use of hyperbole was probably a little much. Generally, I'm excited about our recruits and hope they can all get themselves situated to succeed both academically and athletically.

Cooper and Maresh were pretty highly regarded and have good grades I believe.

Hopefully this will be a wake-up call to get everything straightened out and put his scholarship offer to the U of M a top priority.

Top Bottom