Clap snap

Maroon92

Reaction score
I don't recall-- has this been going on all year or even in past years and I have only realized the last few games. It has to stop-- this is not 6th grade football. Is it the center that is in need for it? I am sure the defense loves knowing when the ball will be snapped

You should tell Urban Meyer that he's not coaching in a 6th grade league as well.

Teams like to use the clap snap because the offense and center can hear the clap in even the most hostile, loudest environments whereas it can be very difficult to hear a vocal count in those same loud games. It is rather innovative, not something that should be viewed as elementary or amateur.

The clap is fine given you mix it up now and again and take some snaps on the second clap and some with no clap or mix in some hard counts

It's revolutionary. Snapping the ball on on the clap is vastly different from the 99% of teams that snap the ball on "go".

Just off the top of my head: Ohio St, Washington, and Oklahoma St use it. Not 6th grade football.

Best to avoid "the clap".

Unlike the clap, our offensive issues are not so easily cured.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7U8pNjwn7jU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom